Torrance, CA Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Torrance, CA

April 21, 2024 9:16 PM PDT (04:16 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 6:13 AM   Sunset 7:31 PM
Moonrise 5:42 PM   Moonset 5:08 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall

NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar  


Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      Help
PZZ655 Inner Waters From Point Mugu To San Mateo Pt. Ca Including Santa Catalina And Anacapa Islands- 840 Pm Pdt Sun Apr 21 2024

Tonight - W winds 5 to 10 kt in the evening, becoming variable 10 kt or less. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 8 seconds and S 2 ft at 16 seconds. Patchy fog.

Mon - Winds variable 10 kt or less, becoming W 10 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 9 seconds and S 3 ft at 16 seconds. Patchy fog.

Mon night - W winds 10 kt in the evening, becoming variable 10 kt or less. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 4 ft at 10 seconds and S 2 ft at 15 seconds. Patchy fog in the evening. Patchy drizzle after midnight.

Tue - W winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 4 ft at 11 seconds and S 2 ft at 15 seconds. Patchy drizzle in the morning. Patchy fog in the afternoon.

Tue night - W winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 10 seconds and S 2 ft at 16 seconds. Patchy fog in the evening.

Wed - W winds 10 to 15 kt becoming 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 9 seconds and S 2 ft at 16 seconds. Patchy fog in the afternoon.

Wed night - W winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt in the evening, becoming 10 to 15 kt. Combined seas 3 to 5 ft dominant period 9 seconds. Patchy fog in the evening.

Thu - W winds 10 to 20 kt with gusts 25 kt. Combined seas 4 to 6 ft. Patchy fog. A slight chance of showers.

Fri - W winds 15 to 25 kt. Combined seas 5 to 7 ft. A slight chance of showers.

PZZ600 840 Pm Pdt Sun Apr 21 2024
synopsis for the southern california coast and santa barbara channel including the channel islands national marine sanctuary and national park - .at 03z, or 8 pm pdt, a 1031 mb high was 500 nm west of eureka and a 1012 mb low was near las vegas.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Torrance, CA
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Los Angeles/Oxnard, CA
      (hide/show)   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KLOX 220402 AFDLOX

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Los Angeles/Oxnard CA 902 PM PDT Sun Apr 21 2024

SYNOPSIS
21/853 PM.

Strengthening onshore flow and a deepening marine layer will bring low clouds and fog to the coast and coastal valleys through this upcoming week. High temperatures will cool significantly to below-normal readings by Tuesday as a series of low pressure systems track across the area this week. There will be a chance for drizzle or very light rain this week with the passage of these systems.

.SHORT TERM (SUN-WED)...21/906 PM.

***UPDATE***

Low clouds and fog returning to all coastal areas from Pt Conception south with some patchy dense fog in the Santa Barbara area. With the transition from weak ridging to weak troughing tonight, cooler air aloft should begin to lift the marine layer overnight with less dense fog near the coast but some chances of dense fog as the stratus rolls into the valleys overnight. Onshore gradients continue to trend stronger tonight which will assist in pushing the marine layer well into the valleys with significant cooling there Monday.

Low clouds also expected to fill in along most of the Central Coast tonight, at least up to around Morro Bay or so, then fill in the rest of coastal SLO County Monday into Monday night. Much cooler there as well Monday where it was a "balmy" 73 in Pismo Beach Sunday and in the low 80s in SLO.

***From Previous Discussion***

Surface pressure gradients will remain decidedly onshore and strengthen through the middle of this week, as midlevel ridging across portions of the Intermountain West focuses the strongest surface heating over the central Great Basin. Diurnally enhanced onshore gradients for LAX-DAG are forecast to reach 8-9 mb by Monday and remain similarly strong through mid-week, as a midlevel low progresses eastward over the East Pacific toward the southern California coast. This will reinforce and the marine layer over coastal areas and coastal valleys into mid-week.

Widespread low clouds and fog are expected to accompany the deepening marine layer, which will also bring a significant cooling trend. By Monday, high temperatures are expected to have cooled to the 60s over the beaches and the 70s across coastal valleys. Then by Tuesday and Wednesday, temperatures are expected to remain in the 60s in most areas, except rising into the 70s over the Antelope Valley away from the marine layer. These correspond to temperatures falling by 5-10 degrees each day through Tuesday. In addition, significant deepening of the marine layer to depths over 2500-3000 feet Monday night into Tuesday will support the potential for light drizzle over many areas. However, measurable precipitation will be unlikely through the middle of the week, as the mid and upper troposphere remains dry, and large-scale forcing for ascent remains weak.

.LONG TERM (THU-SUN)...21/216 PM.

The aforementioned midlevel low is forecast to track eastward across the region on Thursday. Temperatures aloft will cool in conjunction with the passage of this disturbance, which will also be followed by weakening of onshore pressure gradients. These factors will allow the marine layer to lose depth and weaken to some extent by late in the week, with the extent of fog gradually lessening. Thereafter, further cooling aloft, decreasing onshore flow, and weakening of the marine layer will occur with the glancing influence of a deep midlevel trough amplifying over the Great Basin late Friday into the weekend. However, despite the weakening marine layer, cooling aloft will maintain high temperatures in the 60s in many areas through Friday. Thereafter, temperatures are expected to warm a few degrees next weekend, especially as midlevel heights increase behind the deeper trough.

Regarding precipitation potential, abundant dry air aloft will limit chances for precipitation with the passage of the upper low on Thursday, though a couple of light showers could develop over the higher terrain beneath the midlevel cold core. There will be a slight chance for light showers Thursday night through Friday night in conjunction with the second disturbance glancing the area.

AVIATION
22/0020Z.

At 00Z at KLAX, the marine layer was 1200 ft deep. The top of the inversion was at 3800 ft with a temperature of 22 degrees C.

High confidence in VFR conds through the period for KPRB, KWJF, and KPMD.

Moderate confidence in cig timing for coastal terminals KSBA and south including KLAX. Lower confidence in flight category which may be off by one.

KBUR/KVNY: Low confidence in cig timing and flight category with a 30 percent chance that VFR conditions prevail. Cig timing may be off by three hours.

KSMX/KSBP: Low confidence in TAF with cig timing possibly off by 3 hours.

KLAX...Moderate confidence in 00Z TAF. Flight category may be off by one at times. There is a 30 percent chance of at least brief VFR conditions after 20Z. No significant easterly wind component is expected.

KBUR...Low confidence in TAF after 05Z. There is a 30% chance of VFR conds through the period. Flight cat changes could be off by 3 hours.

MARINE
21/854 PM.

Forecast tracking well this evening. Updates focused on hazards, including ending the northern Inner Waters SCA early and adding an Marine Weather Statement for dense fog across the Santa Barbara Channel.

For the Outer Waters, moderate to high confidence in current forecast. Today through tonight, high confidence in Small Craft Advisory (SCA) level northwest winds. For Monday and Tuesday, high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels. On Wednesday, there is a 40-60% chance of SCA level winds. Thursday through next weekend, there is a 60-80% chance of SCA level winds and seas, and a 20% chance of GALE Force wind gusts at times over the weekend.

For the Inner Waters north of Point Sal, For Monday through Wednesday, high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels. On Thursday, there is a 40-50% chance of SCA level winds.
There is a 20-30% chance of SCA winds Friday afternoon through the weekend.

For the Inner Waters south of Point Conception, moderate to high confidence in current forecast. Today through Tuesday, high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels. However, there is a 20% chance of SCA wind gusts across the extreme western portion of the Santa Barbara Channel this afternoon into early evening. For Tuesday night through Thursday, there is a 40-50% chance of SCA level winds across the western half of the Santa Barbara Channel, but high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels elsewhere. Over the weekend, there is a 20-30% chance of SCA winds across the waters.

LOX WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
CA...NONE.
PZ...Small Craft Advisory in effect until 3 AM PDT Monday for zones 670-673. (See LAXMWWLOX).




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       (hide/show)   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind Air TempWater Temp WavesinHgDewPt
PSXC1 9 mi52 min SSE 4.1G5.1
PFXC1 10 mi46 min SSW 8.9G9.9 57°F 29.92
PRJC1 12 mi52 min SW 6G8.9
46256 13 mi50 min 59°F3 ft
46221 - Santa Monica Bay, CA (028) 14 mi50 min 59°F3 ft
46222 - San Pedro, CA (092) 14 mi50 min 60°F3 ft
ICAC1 - 9410840 - Santa Monica Pier 14 mi46 min 56°F 60°F29.93
46268 17 mi46 min 58°F2 ft
46253 20 mi50 min 60°F2 ft
46025 - Santa Monica Basin - 33NM West Southwest of Santa Monica, CA 36 mi36 min S 3.9G5.8 55°F 60°F29.9455°F


Wind History for Los Angeles Berth 161,
(wind in knots)    EDIT      (hide/show)   Help
toggle option: (graph/table)



Airport Reports
    EDIT      (hide/show)   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KTOA ZAMPERINI FIELD,CA 3 sm88 minW 074 smA Few Clouds Haze 55°F54°F94%29.92
KHHR JACK NORTHROP FIELD/HAWTHORNE MUNI,CA 7 sm23 minWSW 057 smOvercast59°F55°F88%29.95
KLAX LOS ANGELES INTL,CA 8 sm23 minWSW 065 smOvercast Mist 57°F55°F94%29.94
KLGB LONG BEACH /DAUGHERTY FIELD/,CA 12 sm23 minS 067 smOvercast61°F55°F82%29.94
KSMO SANTA MONICA MUNI,CA 14 sm25 minSSW 033 smOvercast Mist 57°F57°F100%29.94
KSLI LOS ALAMITOS AAF,CA 18 sm21 minWSW 056 smOvercast Mist 59°F55°F88%29.91
KFUL FULLERTON MUNI,CA 21 sm23 minSSW 047 smOvercast59°F59°F100%29.94
Link to 5 minute data for KTOA


Wind History from TOA
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for El Segundo, Santa Monica Bay, California
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   (hide/show)   Help
El Segundo
Click for Map
Sun -- 03:02 AM PDT     0.56 feet Low Tide
Sun -- 05:08 AM PDT     Moonset
Sun -- 06:14 AM PDT     Sunrise
Sun -- 09:00 AM PDT     4.16 feet High Tide
Sun -- 02:53 PM PDT     0.66 feet Low Tide
Sun -- 05:42 PM PDT     Moonrise
Sun -- 07:30 PM PDT     Sunset
Sun -- 09:06 PM PDT     4.89 feet High Tide
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

El Segundo, Santa Monica Bay, California, Tide feet
12
am
2.5
1
am
1.5
2
am
0.8
3
am
0.6
4
am
0.8
5
am
1.4
6
am
2.4
7
am
3.3
8
am
3.9
9
am
4.2
10
am
3.9
11
am
3.3
12
pm
2.4
1
pm
1.5
2
pm
0.9
3
pm
0.7
4
pm
1
5
pm
1.7
6
pm
2.7
7
pm
3.8
8
pm
4.6
9
pm
4.9
10
pm
4.7
11
pm
4



Tide / Current for Los Angeles Harbor, Mormon Island, California
   EDIT      (hide/show)   Help
Los Angeles Harbor
Click for Map
Sun -- 02:50 AM PDT     0.58 feet Low Tide
Sun -- 05:08 AM PDT     Moonset
Sun -- 06:14 AM PDT     Sunrise
Sun -- 08:51 AM PDT     4.23 feet High Tide
Sun -- 02:42 PM PDT     0.68 feet Low Tide
Sun -- 05:41 PM PDT     Moonrise
Sun -- 07:29 PM PDT     Sunset
Sun -- 08:57 PM PDT     5.00 feet High Tide
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Los Angeles Harbor, Mormon Island, California, Tide feet
12
am
2.4
1
am
1.4
2
am
0.8
3
am
0.6
4
am
0.9
5
am
1.6
6
am
2.6
7
am
3.4
8
am
4.1
9
am
4.2
10
am
3.9
11
am
3.2
12
pm
2.3
1
pm
1.4
2
pm
0.8
3
pm
0.7
4
pm
1.1
5
pm
1.9
6
pm
3
7
pm
4
8
pm
4.7
9
pm
5
10
pm
4.7
11
pm
3.9




Weather Map
       (hide/show)   Help


GEOS Local Image of Southwest   
EDIT



Santa Ana Mtns, CA,



NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE