Moorpark, CA Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Moorpark, CA

May 27, 2024 6:36 AM PDT (13:36 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 5:44 AM   Sunset 8:00 PM
Moonrise 12:00 AM   Moonset 9:18 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  New
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help
PZZ650 East Santa Barbara Channel From Pt. Conception To Pt. Mugu Ca Including Santa Cruz Island- 310 Am Pdt Mon May 27 2024

Today - W wind 5 to 10 kt, becoming 10 to 15 kt this afternoon. Gusts to 20 kt across the western portion in the afternoon. Seas 3 ft. Wave detail: nw 2 ft at 7 seconds.

Tonight - W wind 10 to 15 kt. Gusts to 20 kt across the western portion in the evening. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Wave detail: nw 3 ft at 6 seconds.

Tue - W wind 10 to 15 kt, becoming 10 to 20 kt with local gusts to 25 kt in the afternoon. Strongest western portion. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Wave detail: nw 3 ft at 6 seconds. Patchy fog in the morning.

Tue night - NW wind 10 to 20 kt. Local gusts to 25 kt in the evening. Strongest western portion. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Wave detail: W 4 ft at 6 seconds and nw 2 ft at 9 seconds.

Wed - W wind 10 to 15 kt, becoming 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt in the afternoon. Strongest western portion. Seas 3 to 5 ft, building to 4 to 6 ft. Wave detail: W 3 ft at 9 seconds.

Wed night - W wind 20 to 25 kt, becoming nw 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Strongest western portion. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Wave detail: nw 5 ft at 9 seconds. Patchy fog after midnight.

Thu - W wind 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Wave detail: W 4 ft at 10 seconds. Patchy fog in the morning.

Fri - W wind 5 kt, becoming sw 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Wave detail: nw 3 ft at 9 seconds.

PZZ600 310 Am Pdt Mon May 27 2024

Synopsis for the southern california coast and santa barbara channel including the channel islands national marine sanctuary and national park - At 09z, or 2 am pdt, a 1026 mb surface high was centered 900 nm west of point conception and a 1008 mb thermal low was near las vegas, nevada. Gusty northwest winds will continue over the outer waters through much of the week, with a chance of gale force winds Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday. Steep, hazardous seas are also expected Tuesday into Thursday evening across the outer waters.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Moorpark, CA
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Los Angeles/Oxnard, CA
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KLOX 271317 AFDLOX

Area Forecast Discussion...UPDATED National Weather Service Los Angeles/Oxnard CA 617 AM PDT Mon May 27 2024

SYNOPSIS
27/309 AM.

Night to morning low clouds and fog will prevail near the coast and reach most coastal valleys at times through next weekend.
Breezy northwest to onshore winds will continue to be strongest each afternoon and evening for far interior areas and southwest Santa Barbara County.

.SHORT TERM (TDY-WED)...27/321 AM.

Forecast thoughts remain relatively unchanged. Building 500 mb heights will lead to a warm up through Tuesday with unabated onshore flow and marine layer presence limiting the warm up near the coast. Forecast confidence of low cloud coverage remains low today, but the low cloud pattern should become more persistent and therefore easier to forecast by Tuesday thanks to the warming trends above the marine layer, establishing a stronger inversion.
Daytime highs only in the 60s will prevail nearest the coast, inland coastal areas and valleys will peak in the 70s to low 80s, with 80s to near 90 for the far interior.

Breezy northwest to onshore winds will continue through this period. An inside slider trough will likely enhance winds across the region by Wednesday with a 30-50 percent chance of reaching advisory levels at times Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday night across the Antelope Valley, I-5 corridor through the mountains, and southwest Santa Barbara County. Offshore trends to the south will likely support morning clearing of low clouds and fog. Some south facing coasts, most notably the Santa Barbara South Coast, will likely be mostly sunny by Wednesday. The uptick of northwest winds may support a stronger Catalina Eddy Wednesday or Thursday, which could send low clouds and fog as far inland as the lower mountain slopes. Should this occur, daytime highs would be closer to 75 as opposed to the currently advertised 80 for coastal valleys of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.

.LONG TERM (THU-SUN)...27/322 AM.

High forecast confidence for Thursday through the weekend mainly subtle day-to-day changes with typical late May weather on tap.
Night to morning lows clouds and fog will continue for coasts and many coastal valleys. Low clouds and fog should burn off mid to late morning for most areas especially Friday into next weekend.
Daytime highs will likely be mid 60s to mid 70s for most coastal areas, mid 70s to mid 80s for coastal valleys, and 80s to near 90 for the far interior. Breezy northwest to onshore flow will continue unabated, peaking each afternoon to evening, with a 10-20 percent chance of reaching advisory levels for the Antelope Valley and southwest Santa Barbara County.

AVIATION
27/1316Z.

At 1211Z at KLAX, the marine layer was 1200 ft deep. The top of the inversion was at 4200 feet with a temperature of 16 C.

High confidence in desert TAFs and low confidence in coastal/valley TAFs. Lower confidence for coastal/valley sites due to uncertainties in the behavior of the marine layer stratus.
Timing of flight cat changes could be off by +/- 4 hours. KBUR and KVNY have a 20% chance of remaining VFR through 11Z Tue, and a 20% chance of IFR- Low MVFR CIGs after 11Z Tue. There is a 30% chance of KSMX, KSBP, KOXR, and KCMA dropping to LIFR conds after 08Z Tues.

KLAX...Low confidence in TAF. Timing of flight cat changes could be off by +/- 2 hours. There is a 20% chance of BKN004 conds after 06Z Tues. No significant easterly wind component is expected.

KBUR...Low confidence in TAF. Timing of flight cat changes could be off by +/- 3 hours. There is a 30% chance of conds remaining VFR through 11Z Tue, and a 20% chance of BKN008-BKN012 after 11Z.

MARINE
27/254 AM.

Moderate to high confidence in forecast.

Across the outer waters, lower confidence in forecast this morning as winds and seas are still near Small Craft Advisory (SCA) levels. While winds are expected to drop off this morning, seas are still choppy with short periods, so decided to extend the advisory. Winds are likely to restrengthen to SCA levels this afternoon and continue through Thursday. There is a 20-30% chance (highest for the northern waters) of Gale Force winds Tuesday afternoon and night. Then for all the outer waters there is a 50-60% chance of Gales Wednesday afternoon through night. On Tuesday, seas will build to SCA levels and remain steep and choppy through at least Thursday night.

Across the nearshore waters along the Central Coast, there is a 20-30% chance of SCA winds this afternoon and evening. Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday night, SCA level winds and seas are likely (60-70%), with a 15-25% chance of Gale Force winds Wednesday afternoon/evening. SCA seas may linger as late as Thursday night.

Across the southern inner waters, there is a 30% chance of SCA level winds across the western portion of the Santa Barbara Channel this afternoon and evening increasing to 30-40% chance Tuesday afternoon and evening. On Wednesday, there is a 60-70% chance of SCA winds across the western portion of the Channel, with a 20-30% chance of Gale Force winds. South of the Channel Islands, winds are expected to remain below SCA levels through at least Thursday.

LOX WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
CA...NONE.
PZ...Small Craft Advisory in effect until 3 AM PDT Tuesday for zones 670-673-676. (See LAXMWWLOX).




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind Air TempWater Temp WavesinHgDewPt
46268 24 mi37 min 61°F2 ft
ICAC1 - 9410840 - Santa Monica Pier 28 mi49 min 57°F 57°F30.02
46221 - Santa Monica Bay, CA (028) 32 mi41 min 59°F2 ft
46025 - Santa Monica Basin - 33NM West Southwest of Santa Monica, CA 37 mi27 min W 5.8G7.8 55°F 61°F30.0453°F
NTBC1 - Santa Barbara, CA - 9411340 43 mi61 min N 4.1G5.1 53°F 30.02
BAXC1 49 mi67 min S 1.9G4.1
PXAC1 49 mi61 min NE 1G1.9


Wind History for Santa Barbara, CA
(wind in knots)    EDIT      HIDE   Help
toggle option: (graph/table)



Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KCMA CAMARILLO,CA 12 sm14 mincalm8 smMostly Cloudy54°F46°F77%30.02
KNTD POINT MUGU NAS (NAVAL BASE VENTURA CO),CA 16 sm1.7 hrscalm5 smOvercast Mist 52°F50°F94%30.01
KOXR OXNARD,CA 18 sm45 mincalm9 smOvercast54°F52°F94%
KVNY VAN NUYS,CA 22 sm45 minESE 0310 smClear54°F50°F88%30.01
Link to 5 minute data for KCMA


Wind History from CMA
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for Mugu Lagoon (ocean pier), California
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help
Mugu Lagoon (ocean pier)
Click for Map
Mon -- 05:47 AM PDT     Sunrise
Mon -- 07:27 AM PDT     -0.61 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 09:19 AM PDT     Moonset
Mon -- 02:43 PM PDT     3.18 feet High Tide
Mon -- 06:02 PM PDT     2.85 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 08:00 PM PDT     Sunset
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Mugu Lagoon (ocean pier), California, Tide feet
12
am
5.4
1
am
4.9
2
am
4.1
3
am
3
4
am
1.8
5
am
0.7
6
am
-0.1
7
am
-0.6
8
am
-0.5
9
am
-0.1
10
am
0.6
11
am
1.5
12
pm
2.2
1
pm
2.8
2
pm
3.1
3
pm
3.2
4
pm
3.1
5
pm
2.9
6
pm
2.8
7
pm
2.9
8
pm
3.3
9
pm
3.8
10
pm
4.3
11
pm
4.8


Tide / Current for Port Hueneme, California
   EDIT      HIDE   Help
Port Hueneme
Click for Map
Mon -- 05:47 AM PDT     Sunrise
Mon -- 07:29 AM PDT     -0.64 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 09:20 AM PDT     Moonset
Mon -- 02:50 PM PDT     3.21 feet High Tide
Mon -- 06:04 PM PDT     2.96 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 08:00 PM PDT     Sunset
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Port Hueneme, California, Tide feet
12
am
5.5
1
am
5.1
2
am
4.3
3
am
3.1
4
am
1.9
5
am
0.7
6
am
-0.1
7
am
-0.6
8
am
-0.6
9
am
-0.2
10
am
0.6
11
am
1.4
12
pm
2.2
1
pm
2.8
2
pm
3.1
3
pm
3.2
4
pm
3.1
5
pm
3
6
pm
3
7
pm
3
8
pm
3.3
9
pm
3.8
10
pm
4.4
11
pm
4.9


Weather Map
      HIDE   Help


GEOS Local Image of Southwest   
EDIT   HIDE



Los Angeles, CA,




NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE