Missoula, MT Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Missoula, MT

May 20, 2024 6:28 AM MDT (12:28 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 5:52 AM   Sunset 9:12 PM
Moonrise 5:32 PM   Moonset 3:25 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  New
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help

7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Missoula, MT
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Missoula, MT
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS65 KMSO 201012 AFDMSO

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Missoula MT 412 AM MDT Mon May 20 2024

DISCUSSION
The Northern Rockies will be under weak northwesterly flow today through Tuesday. This flow pattern will keep temperatures cooler than average for this time of year. The atmosphere is expected to become unstable enough for the development of scattered to numerous showers this afternoon.

The models are still indicating a significant low pressure system moving through the region Wednesday into Thursday. This low will bring widespread precipitation and even cooler air. Snow levels are still anticipated to drop to around 5,000-6,000 feet by Thursday morning. The latest progression of the low would bring significant snow to the higher terrain of north central Idaho and southwest Montana. Lost Trail Pass, William Creek Summit and Georgetown Lake region have a 40-60% chance of receiving over 2 inches of snow by Thursday morning and a 20-40% chance for more than 4 inches. This snow will make for difficult traveling during the overnight into the early morning hours on Thursday.

A weak ridge builds over the region Friday causing a slight warming and drying trend. This ridge will be short lived as all model clusters are showing another low pressure system impacting the Northern Rockies on Saturday. After the passage of this system, models are trending towards a ridge of high pressure building over the region by the first part of next week.

AVIATION
A few weak showers continue to move across north central Idaho early this morning. While other portions of the region are having patchy fog and low stratus develop due to yesterday's precipitation. The fog and stratus is expected to diminish during the morning hours. This afternoon scattered to numerous showers are expected producing period of reduced visibility due to precipitation along with gusty erratic winds.



MSO WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
MT...None.
ID...None.




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help




Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KMSO MISSOULA INTL,MT 5 sm35 mincalm10 smOvercast37°F36°F93%30.06
Link to 5 minute data for KMSO


Wind History from MSO
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help

Tide / Current for
   EDIT      HIDE   Help

Weather Map
      HIDE   Help


GEOS Local Image of Pacific Northwest   
EDIT   HIDE



Missoula, MT,




NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE