Saturday, April21, 2018 L-36.com


Marine Weather and Tides
Montpelier, VT

Version 3.4
What's New / NOTES
3/3/2018 - There is a new GOES Satellite for the east coast that required rewriting that part of the code. Please report any issues.
6/25/2017 - NOAA is having a major issue that impact the 7 day forecast load times. Many users are reporting problems. The issue has been reported.
5/23/2017 - Worked with NOAA again to speed up the 7 day forecast load times. Thanks to them for being responsive.

Sunrise 5:55AMSunset 7:46PM Saturday April 21, 2018 5:49 AM EDT (09:49 UTC) Moonrise 10:28AMMoonset 12:54AM Illumination 35% Phase: Waxing Crescent; Moon at 6 days in cycle
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.
Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      (on/off)   Help
7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Montpelier, VT
   Hourly   EDIT   Help
location: 44.27, -72.6     debug


Area Discussion for - Burlington, VT
      (on/off)   Help   NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
Fxus61 kbtv 210802
afdbtv
area forecast discussion
national weather service burlington vt
402 am edt Sat apr 21 2018

Synopsis
Quiet weather returns to the north country as high pressure
builds in. Temperatures remain below normal over the weekend
but a warming trend will lead to near to slightly above normal
temperatures mid week. Expect plentiful sunshine through the
middle of the workweek before rain returns to the region
Wednesday.

Near term through Sunday
As of 141 am edt Saturday... Latest wv IR satellite still shows a
pocket of cloud cover holding on over the north country. That
has kept temps from dropping that quickly this evening and so
lows will only fall into the upper 20s to low 30s for most the
area. By daybreak the clouds should begin to deteriorate as
high pressure and dry air builds in. Expect mostly clear skies
for the region with some partly clouds skies holding on over the
northeast kingdom. The warm air wont quite reach the area today
so I anticipate another below normal day with highs in the mid
to upper 40s.

High pressure will continue to build into the region and winds
this evening will decouple allowing for radiational cooling to
take place under mostly clear skies. Expect chilly conditions
in the typical colder locations of the northeast kingdom and
parts of the adirondacks.

Sunday looks to be a wonderful day as high pressure dominates
and we should reach upper 40s to low 50s across the north
country under full sun. Light northwesterly winds will prevail
winds with relative humidities dropping into the 30% range.

Short term Sunday night through Tuesday
As of 400 am edt Saturday... Deep-layer ridge building ewd from
the great lakes region will bring long-awaited pleasant spring
conditions Sunday night thru Tuesday. Dry air mass and mostly
clear skies will result in large diurnal ranges. Looking for
lows in the 20s to lower 30s Sunday night... Warming to the upr
50s to lower 60s Monday afternoon. Should see light s-sw winds
developing by Monday afternoon. Will see lows mainly in the 30s
Monday night. Temperatures warm into the low-mid 60s for
Tuesday, with continued air mass modification and s-sw return
flow of 5-10 mph as high pressure departs east and southeast of
new england. This will be the first 60+ degree temps at the
burlington international airport (btv) since 2 21 (69f). Pops
nil thru the short-term period.

Long term Tuesday night through Friday
As of 400 am edt Saturday... Will begin to see increasing clouds
Tuesday night from sw-ne associated with a potential phasing of
southern and northern stream shortwave troughs across the upper
ohio valley. The 00z GFS and 00z ECMWF - unsurprisingly for a
potential phasing scenario - differ significantly on potential
details and timing of precipitation wed- Friday. The 00z gfs
suggests light precipitation on Wednesday, and again Friday. The
00z ECMWF suggest a more phased soln with a consolidated
coastal low Wednesday into Thursday, with drier weather for
Friday. Overall predictability of the pattern is considered
lower than normal. At this point, have indicated low likely pops
(50- 60%) for Wed wed night, followed by chance pops (30-40%)
thu-fri for periods of rain showers. Not expecting any heavy
precipitation at this time. Abundant clouds and potential
precipitation should bring slightly cooler temperatures, with
highs mainly in the mid-upr 50s for Wednesday, Thursday, and
Friday, and lows in the upr 30s-mid 40s.

Aviation 08z Saturday through Wednesday
Through 12z Sunday...VFR conditions are expected through the
period. Ceilings through 12z should be in the 5-8kft range and
then clouds will become scattered after 12z and we should see
mostly clear skies below 20kft through the remainder of the
period. Winds will become light and variable by 06z
tonight... Then increase from the northwest after 14z but at
speeds of 10 knots or less and then become light and variable
again overnight.

Outlook...

Sunday:VFR. No sig wx.

Sunday night:VFR. No sig wx.

Monday:VFR. No sig wx.

Monday night:VFR. No sig wx.

Tuesday:VFR. No sig wx.

Tuesday night:VFR. Slight chance shra.

Wednesday: mainlyVFR, with local MVFR possible. Chance shra.

Btv watches warnings advisories
Vt... None.

Ny... None.

Synopsis... Deal
near term... Deal
short term... Banacos
long term... Banacos
aviation... Deal


Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       (on/off)   Help   NOTE: Click on distance to see the station location on a map

Airport Reports
    EDIT      (on/off)   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisibilitySky/WeatherTempDewPtHumidityPressure
Barre / Montpelier, Knapp State Airport, VT4 mi59 minWNW 510.00 miOvercast35°F24°F64%1027 hPa
Morrisville-Stowe State Airport, VT18 mi56 minN 010.00 miOvercast31°F26°F82%1026.1 hPa

Wind History from MPV (wind in knots)
6
AM
7
AM
8
AM
9
AM
10
AM
11
AM
12
PM
1
PM
2
PM
3
PM
4
PM
5
PM
6
PM
7
PM
8
PM
9
PM
10
PM
11
PM
12
AM
1
AM
2
AM
3
AM
4
AM
5
AM
Last 24hrNW13
G20
NW15
G21
NW11
G18
NW17
G24
NW10
G24
NW13
G20
NW19
G28
NW15NW16
G26
NW14
G24
NW6W10W16
G23
W9W7W3W4NW4W3W4NW5NW5W6W5
1 day agoSW3CalmSW44NW4W6NW7N8N9NW8N11NW10
G14
NW6NW7W8NW10
G18
NW11NW15
G20
NW15
G22
NW14NW14
G25
NW13
G24
NW15
G22
NW16
G24
2 days agoCalmSW544CalmW7W1153W11
G16
NW9
G15
W10
G15
6
G14
SW7SW54SW6SW8W4SW46SW6SW3SW5

Tide / Current Tables for
   EDIT   RT Ports Option   Weekend mode (on/off)   (on/off)   Help
Tide / Current Tables for
   EDIT      (on/off)   Help
Weather Map and Satellite Images
       (on/off)   HelpWeather Map
wmap_A
GOES Local Image of Northeast    EDIT
NOTE: East coast views moved to GEOS-16. They are experimental and not well supported by NOAA so they may not be correct so be warned. This change required redoing a large amount of the GOES code. If the image you are expecting is not showing, please let me know. You may need to use the EDIT function to update your location.
target = "new">Link to Loop

Other links: Northern Pacific     Contential US     Full GOES-East
Wind Forecast for Burlington, VT (5,6,7,8)
      (on/off)   Help

Ground Weather Radar Station Burlington, VT
   (on/off)   Help
weather_mapweather_map weather_map

Ad by Google

Disclaimer:
The information on this web site has not been checked for accuracy. It is for entertainment purposes only and should be independently verified before using for any other reason. There are five sources. 1) Documents and manuals from a variety of sources. These have not been checked for accuracy and in many cases have not even been read by anyone associated with L-36.com. I have no idea of they are useful or accurate, I leave that to the reader. 2) Articles others have written and submitted. If you have questions on these, please contact the author. 3) Articles that represent my personal opinions. These are intended to promote thought and for entertainment. These are not intended to be fact, they are my opinions. 4) Small programs that generate result presented on a web page. Like any computer program, these may and in some cases do have errors. Almost all of these also make simplifying assumptions so they are not totally accurate even if there are no errors. Please verify all results. 5) Weather information is from numerious of sources and is presented automatically. It is not checked for accuracy either by anyone at L-36.com or by the source which is typically the US Government. See the NOAA web site for their disclaimer. Finally, tide and current data on this site is from 2007 and 2008 data bases, which may contain even older data. Changes in harbors due to building or dredging change tides and currents and for that reason many of the locations presented are no longer supported by newer data bases. For example, there is very little tidal current data in newer data bases so current data is likely wrong to some extent. This data is NOT FOR NAVIGATION. See the XTide disclaimer for details. In addition, tide and current are influenced by storms, river flow, and other factors beyond the ability of any predictive program.