RulesUS Sailing has cleanded up the rules specifically putting the definitions at the front so it is more readable. I recommend reading the definitions through sectoin 2, "When boats meet". There is a link below to the official version. I have left the earlier documents in case you want to quickly compare.
- 2017-2020 Racing Rules of Sailing (big pdf)
- When Boats Meet (2009-2012 version)
- When Boats Meet Section of rules for When Boats Meet (2013-2016 rules) The most important part for the racer - a must read (short)
- The racing Rules of Sailing RRS 2013-2016 Large PDF file. This is the rule book. I recommend the when boats meet above if you are just starting.
- RRS Changes 2013 rules showing changes from 2012. Large file
- US Prescriptions 2013-2016
Trim and Tactics
- Spinnaker Trim Article by Dunster and Sadler.
- How to Start Article by Allan Hoffman on starting.
- Headsail Trim Article from by Quantum on Headsail trim
- Headsail Trim Article from Elliott / Pattison Sailmakersr on Headsail Trim
- Mainsail Trim Article by Quantum on Mainsail Trim
- Traveler Trim Article covering when to use the Sheet vs Traveler when trimming the Mainsail also by Quantum
- Nice basic article on jib trim from Sail Magazine
- A Series of articles from Sailing World about racing. Around the Racecourse. by Steve Hunt
San Francisco Racing
- SFBay Racing Rules The Standing Sailing Instructions of the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, effective January 1, 2009
- Marks Location (Lat-Long) of marks in SF Bay
- Tide Flood tide maps out of tide book
- Tide Ebb tide maps
- SF Current Map Generate detailed current maps for any arbitrary date and time. I am the only one with this data. Please email me if you use it.
- MM 2011 Pictures from the Master Mariners Regatta 2011.
- Race Pictures Master Mariners and Jessica Cup pictures and results
- MM Regatta The Master Marriners 2009 Race Sailing Instructions for historical reference, Most years have been similar
- Street Map Map to the SF Marina
Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE.