- Screws and bolts
- Taps, Threads, Pipe, and Drills
- Engine and Manuals
- Line and rigging
- Sailing Terms and more
- L-36 Specific
Screws and bolts
- Wood Screws Tables with key dimensions for many styles of screws
- Pilot Holes Wood screws Pilot Hole Size with discussion on which numbers to believe
- Machine screws Tables of dimensions includeing min and max for machine screws
- Screw Heads Dimensions for various screw head types
- Screw Length tolerences for various screw types
- Nuts Dimensions on nuts of all types
- Washers Dimensions of 11 different styles of washers
- Hex Bolts American/United National Threads dimensions from size 0 to 1 inch
- Torque Torque specifications for non ferrous bolts with recomendations for different thread pitches
- Torque Chart covers torque recomendations for most bolt types. A little harder to read than the one above but it covers more bolt types.
- Wrench Size Comparison of US, Metric, and Whitworth wrenches
Taps, Threads, Pipe, and Drills
- Tap drill sizes Two tables of tap drill sizes in decimal and drill number
- Tap and drill sizes Another Tap and Drill chart with columns for Bronze and Stainless
- Pipe Threads Outside diameter circumference for PVC, stainless, and brass standard pipe
- Drill Sizes in fractional, metric, letter, number, and decimal.
- Copper Tube Dimensions Tables for various classes of copper tube.
- High resolution Barient Catalog
- Service Manuals Winch service manuals for Barient, Barlow, and some Lewmar winches
- Winch Grease Winch grease recommended by Andersen Winches (equivalent)
- Winch Power Recomendation Based on Brion Toss formula
- Sheet metal Thickness guide for Gauge 7-31 for Steel,Carbon Steel,Galvanized,Stainless, and Aluminum
- Yield Strength Strength of Stainless, Bronze, and Aluminum
- Corrosion Control Galvanic Tables and some notes on corrosion. See also article on bonding
- Galvanic Corrosion Article from AUSTRALIAN STAINLESS STEEL DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
- Stainless Steel All your frequently asked questions (FAQ) answered regarding Stainless Steel
Engines and Manuals
- Over 400 Manuals, listed alphabetically covering a variety of marine equipment, engines, radios, rafts, pumps, auot pilots, and more.
- Voltage Regularoy Switching from old Leece-Neville Regulator to a solid state 3 terminal Voltage Regularoy
- Marvel Schebuler Updraft Carburetor Manual (hard to find vary popular page)
- Gray Marine 4 and 6 Cyclinder Gasoline Engine Manual (1938-1958 Models)
Line and rigging
- Line Stretch Calculator Line strength, percent stretch, or inches stretch for dozens of lines in sizes from 7/64 to 3/4"
- The Famous Load Testing Page from the wayback machine
- Sailing Anarchy thread associated with above link
- My preferred bend for Amsteel
- Great paper on knots for Tree Climbing. Lots of infomration here.
- How to Clean Line
- Loos Gauge Cross Reference Compare readings on Model A, B, and PT series.
- Static Bend strength loss in Dyneema
- Technical Articles on Rope Strength and Knots
- Ashley Book of Knots Book review with page preview of any page plus the folowing page
- Knots, Splices, and Rope Work A practical treatise by A. Hyatt Verrill
- Diamond Knot. This is the knot used as the stopper knot in a soft shackle. See how to tie it.
- Splicing Instructions for a few common of line types
- Block Systems Basic theory and technical information on the various standard block systems
- Loos PT Gauges How to use the Loos PT tension gages
- Breaking Strength of various recreational marine ropes
- Line Selection guide Link to the Samson site and their line selection guide
- Jibsheet Load Calculator based on the "Harken" formula
- Twine Size Reference Table/ Chart chart for sizes #4 to #72
- Great paper on knots for Tree Climbing. Lots of infomration here.
- United States Coast Guard Navigation Rules International and Inland. COMDTINST M16672.2C (Obsolete)
- AMALGAMATED INTERNATIONAL & U.S. INLAND NAVIGATION RULES (Replaces COMDTINST)
- USCG NAVIGATION RULES AND REGULATIONS HANDBOOK
- Lights List Overview Discusses several tools to quickly find Waypoints.
- Map Interface to Light List and Waypoint Editor/ Route creator
- Waypoint Editor
- GPS GPX Batch Waypoint and Route Creator Enter Waypoints and create routes in bulk.
- Convert between various Latitude-Longitude formats and past results into your other programs
- Print your own NOAA charts
- OpenCPN The best free navigation program is OpenCPN. It will run on Windows or Linux
- iPhone Navigation Navionics. A very nice way to turn a smart phone into a chart plotter for $9.95. 10 Euros for the Android version.
- NavPacProDemo Free navigation program that does everything except do real time GPS plotting
- Nav Pac SF Bay Chart Large chart of most of SF Bay north and south for use with NavPac Demo
- The American Practical Navigator an epitome of Navigation. First edition was published in 1802, this is the bicentennial edition published in 2002
- Chart Number One. Chart No 1 is the publication that defines all that you see on any navigation chart. If your life depends on knowing what the symbols and markings mean on a chart, read this publication like your life depended on it.
- Distances between Ports
- The International Code of Signals
- LP Calculator Calculate the LP and % of a sail given the 2 sides and J
- Sail Area calculator based on I J or J and Luff as well as sail size (%).
- Dimensions and sail area calculations for thousands of boats. Click through to the boat specific page. Data is shown from several leading sources.
- Used Sails Vendor listing of used sais that fit your boat. Thousands of boats to select from.
Sailing Terms and More
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y Z
- Points of Sail
- Parts of a Boat
- Parts of a Sail
- Jib Trim
- Right of Way
- Signal Flags
- Polars for 127 different boats.
- Battery Data shows voltage for various states of charge.
- Conversion factors for Length, Area, Volume, and more
- Manuals. If you need one, it might be here. Over 400 misc manuals on this page
- Fraction equivalent Table of fractions and their decimal equivalent values from 1/64 to 1 inch
- Sealants An interesting article on caulking and sealants from Good Old Boat web site
- Find the Latitude and Longitude of any US City
- Marine Zone search by Latitude and Longitude. Can be used with city search.
- Various Technical Articles from the 1970's -- but still interesting
- L-36 drawings Three line drawings useful to illustrate articles on L-36s
- Blueprint of L-36 Page with a link to a large jpg of the L-36 blueprints.
- L-36 dimenstions complete Bob's list of dimensions for Eventide. Includes all dimensions, lengths , weight, etc.
- L-36 Owners Roster This is what started it all but it has gotten out of date over all these years so it sits here at the bottom of the data page.
Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE.