' Northernlights: L572 Northernlights M643 Power Generator'
This is the new page for displaying documents. It allows documents to display on devices without pdf viewers specifically mobile devices, a new Google requirement. Note also that some documents have blank pages. Just click on "Next Page" if that happens.
Go to page number
PDF to Text.
M643K, 4.5 kW
Marine Generator Set
1800 rpm tough. EPA Tier One clean. Small enough to fit your engine room.
The Northern Lights M643K, 4.5kW is the smallest Northern Lights marine set ever built. Now boat owners who have had to make do with 3600 rpm sets or inverters can have legendary Northern Lights 1800 rpm reliability. The M643K meets your power requirements and it will meet the EPA Tier One emissions standards (effective 1/1/2000). At only 27 inches long and 355 pounds light, the M643K is comparable in size and weight with high-rev, short-life 3600 rpm sets. This makes it the perfect retrofit set for boats that weren't built with a generator set. Many owners will have it installed in the corrosive environments of lazarets and under cockpit soles. So Northern Lights engineers gave the new set a stainless steel drip pan base that will resist rust.
· Junction box contains AC terminal strip, and solid state AC automatic voltage regulator.
No service points on this side lets you install the set close to a bulkhead. Features: Liquid cooled cast iron exhaust elbow. One-piece, cast iron heat exchanger, expansion tank and exhaust manifold. 12 volt starter and alternator.
For smooth operation the M643K has a balanced Lugger three cylinder diesel instead of a rough two banger. Four plateform isolation mounts reduce vibration transmission even more. The unitized freshwater cooling system and gear driven seawater pump minimize troublesome belts, hoses and gaskets. The new "K" generator end has a broad, 110 to 240 voltage capability in both 50 and 60 Hz operation. The automatic voltage regulator (AVR) gives clean power and is fully automatic in both 50 and 60 hz applications. A special AC winding powers the AVR for faster response. This will maintain the Northern Lights reputation for starting motors and air conditioners. A 30 amp AC circuit breaker in the junction box gives short circuit protection.
· Bosch-type fuel injection pump.
Safety shutdowns for low oil pressure, high water temperature and high exhaust temperature are standard. All major service points are located on one side for ease of service, even in the optional marine aluminum sound shield. The fuel system is self venting. The control panel has a 20-foot wire harness that allows additional stations to be plugged in. All is protected by white polyurethane paint. The new M643K. Low emissions, small size, reliability and long life. The best does come in a small package.
· Freshwater cooled with one-piece, cast iron heat exchanger, expansion tank and exhaust manifold. · Removable heat exchanger end covers for easy cleaning.
· Cast valve cover with oil fill and washable air filter/silencer. Reduces valve train noise.
DC circuit breaker, 30 amp AC circuit breaker.
· Gear driven, Jabsco seawater pump. No drive belt. Ceramic seals. · Battery charging 12 volt alternator.
· Spin-on oil and fuel filters. Fuel lift pump with hand primer. · DC wire harness with plug-ins protected by plastic loom. · Northern Lights reconnectable direct coupled generator.
· Top and side oil fills.
· Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes.
· Four plateform vibration mounts for smooth operation.
· Sparkling white polyurethane paint for high visibility.
· Welded stainless steel base with integral drip pan. Acts as base for sound enclosure.
4.5 kW ...................60 Hz, 1800 RPM, 1 Ph, 1.0 PF 120-240 V/18.7 A, 120 V/37.5 A 3.5 kW .................. 50 Hz, 1500 RPM, 1 Ph, 1.0 PF 110-220 V/15.9 A, 110 V31.8A Voltage regulation ........................................... ±5%
Lugger L643 Engine
Type ....................Vertical inline 3 cylinder diesel Cylinders .......................................Vertical inline 3 Displacement ................................37.6 cid (.61 ltr) Bore/Stroke ...........................2.5/2.5 in (64/64mm) HP @ 1800 RPM ................................................. 7.6 Approx. fuel rate, full load2........................0.5 gph half load2.......................0.3 gph
Wet exhaust elbow...................... 1.5" (38mm) OD Raw water inlets ....................... 0.75" (19mm) OD Fuel inlet and return ...................... 5/16" ID Hose
Approx. wet weight ......................355 lbs (161 kg)
1. Based on SAE J1995 and ISO 3046 2. Actual fuel consumption will vary depending on operating conditions.
Main dimensions given in inches (mm). Dimensions subject to change without notice.
M643K Features and Benefits
· Lugger, four cycle, 3 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve diesel. · Swirl combustion chambers improve fuel efficiency and reduce smoke. · Glow plugs for quick, cold starting. · 1-1/2 inch water lift muffler and exhaust water separator are optional. · Cast iron, wet exhaust elbow for safety. Dry exhaust elbow is optional.
· Northern Lights direct coupled, 4 pole, revolving field, 4 lead reconnectable generator with Class H insulation and prelubricated bearing. Conservative 95°C/50°C ambient heat rise rating. · External automatic voltage regulator gives you ± 5% voltage regulation. This "clean" power protects sensitive electronic equipment. AVR powered by dedicated AC winding for improved motor starting. · AVR and mainline circuit breakers protect generator from AC overloads and shorts. · 30 Amp circuit breaker for AC system short circuit protection.
· Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass. · 3 qt. oil capacity for better lubrication and 200 hour oil change intervals. · Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes. · Closed crankcase vent system keeps engine room clean.
· Freshwater cooling system. · One-piece heat exchanger, expansion tank and liquid cooled exhaust manifold. Fewer troublesome hoses and gaskets. Cast iron to resist corrosion and electrolysis. · Zinc anode electrolysis protection. · Heat exchanger cooling is standard. Tube-type heat exchanger has removable ends for easy cleaning. Jabsco seawater pump of brass and stainless steel is gear driven; no belts to break. · Keel cooling configuration optional.
DC Electrical System
· 12 volt starter motor and battery charging alternator with integrated regulator. Belt guard. · Standard panel: Remote mount S-1B has hour meter, stop-start switch with run light and preheat switch. · Optional: Remote mount S-3C panel has gauges for oil pressure, water temperature, hours and DC volts. S-4 panel has engine gauges and AC meters. · 20 foot plug-in panel harness lets you mount your panel anywhere onboard. Better than inaccessible unit mount panels that are prone to vibration problems. Harness extensions and Ys for multi-panel systems are available. · Low oil pressure, high water temperature and high exhaust temperature safety shutdowns standard. Shutdowns and alarms for low oil level, low water level and overspeed are optional.
· Stainless steel base frame with drip pan. Easy to mount. Keeps engine room clean. · Four plateform mounts isolate vibration. · White polyurethane paint for long-life finish and service visibility. · Operator's and parts manuals standard.
· Fuel system is self-venting. · Injection pump with 5% mechanical governor for close AC frequency control. · Pintle injectors with replaceable tips. · Mechanical lift pump with hand primer. No electric pump to fail. · Large spin-on fuel filter. · Steel fuel lines. · Stop solenoid controls the fuel rack, not throttle, to eliminate speed variance and linkage problems.
Powder coated marine aluminum panels lined with barrier foam deaden noise yet allow easy service access. Weight: 51 lbs (23 kg). L 28.52 (724) x W 18.64 (474) x H 21.26 (540).
Intake and Exhaust
· Meets EPA Tier One emission requirements. · Cleanable air cleaner in cast intake manifold reduces intake noise.
Manufactured by: Alaska Diesel Electric, Inc.
P.O. Box 70543, Seattle, WA 98107 Tel: (206) 789-3880 · 1-800-762-0165 · Fax: (206) 782-5455 Web: www.northern-lights.com · E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Information, specifications, materials and dimensions subject to change without notice. © 1999 All rights reserved. Litho in USA. L572 8/99
Ad by Google
The information on this web site has not been checked for accuracy. It is for entertainment purposes only and should be independently verified before using for any other reason. There are five sources. 1) Documents and manuals from a variety of sources. These have not been checked for accuracy and in many cases have not even been read by anyone associated with L-36.com. I have no idea of they are useful or accurate, I leave that to the reader. 2) Articles others have written and submitted. If you have questions on these, please contact the author. 3) Articles that represent my personal opinions. These are intended to promote thought and for entertainment. These are not intended to be fact, they are my opinions. 4) Small programs that generate result presented on a web page. Like any computer program, these may and in some cases do have errors. Almost all of these also make simplifying assumptions so they are not totally accurate even if there are no errors. Please verify all results. 5) Weather information is from numerious of sources and is presented automatically. It is not checked for accuracy either by anyone at L-36.com or by the source which is typically the US Government. See the NOAA web site for their disclaimer. Finally, tide and current data on this site is from 2007 and 2008 data bases, which may contain even older data. Changes in harbors due to building or dredging change tides and currents and for that reason many of the locations presented are no longer supported by newer data bases. For example, there is very little tidal current data in newer data bases so current data is likely wrong to some extent. This data is NOT FOR NAVIGATION. See the XTide disclaimer for details. In addition, tide and current are influenced by storms, river flow, and other factors beyond the ability of any predictive program.