Spinnaker Crew Positions
Crew Positions - 6 or 7 people
- Bowman - Sets up and douses the spinnaker, gybes the spinnaker pole
- Pitman - Raises and lowers spinnaker, works topping lift and foreguy.
- Guy trimmer - keeps spinnaker pole perpendicular to the wind.
- Sheet trimmer - keeps spinnaker on edge of luffing
- Mainsheet trimmer - gybes the main
- Helmsman - steers the boat, calls gybes
- Squirrel - (optional) below deck pulling the spinnaker below during a douse.
Crew Positions - 5 peopleSame as above but Pitman does Mainsheet from the cabin top
Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE.