Thursday, November21, 2019 L-36.com


Marine Weather and Tides
Signal Hill, CA

Version 3.4
NOTICE
10/9/2019 Updated the Marine Zones.
9/4/2019 Fixed the weather maps due to NOAA moving them.
7/25/2019 New feature in the Airports section gives a link to 5 minute updates for data reports.
6/2/2019. Many thanks to a user for reporting an error on one of the Edit pages. The switch to PHP 7.2 caused many pages that previously worked to quit working. I fixed many but I still depend on users to report ones I missed. Please report errors HERE or send an email to me at L-36.com. Allen

Sunrise 6:29AMSunset 4:48PM Thursday November 21, 2019 2:20 PM PST (22:20 UTC) Moonrise 1:53AMMoonset 3:00PM Illumination 27% Phase: Waning Crescent; Moon at 24 days in cycle
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.
Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      (on/off)   Help
PZZ655 Inner Waters From Point Mugu To San Mateo Pt. Ca Including Santa Catalina And Anacapa Islands- 159 Pm Pst Thu Nov 21 2019
Tonight..SW winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming se after midnight. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 3 to 4 ft at 11 seconds, subsiding to 2 to 3 ft at 10 seconds after midnight. S swell 2 ft.
Fri..SE winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming W 10 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 9 seconds and S 2 ft at 13 seconds.
Fri night..W winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming ne after midnight. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 17 seconds and S 2 ft at 12 seconds.
Sat..NE winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming W 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 16 seconds and S 2 ft at 12 seconds.
Sat night..W winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming ne 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 2 to 3 ft at 15 seconds.
Sun..NE winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming W in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 2 ft at 16 seconds.
Sun night..W winds 10 kt in the evening, becoming variable 10 kt or less. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 2 to 3 ft.
Mon..NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 2 to 4 ft.
Tue..NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 3 to 4 ft.
PZZ600 159 Pm Pst Thu Nov 21 2019
Synopsis for the southern california coast and santa barbara channel including the channel islands national marine sanctuary and national park..At 21z or 1 pm pst, a 1006 mb low was over california and will move inland through Friday.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Signal Hill, CA
   Hourly   EDIT   Help
location: 33.76, -118.18     debug


Area Discussion for - Los Angeles/Oxnard, CA
      (on/off)   Help   NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KLOX 212205 AFDLOX

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Los Angeles/Oxnard CA 205 PM PST Thu Nov 21 2019

SYNOPSIS. 21/840 AM.

An upper level low pressure trough will continue to bring cool and unsettled conditions as it moves out east today. Offshore winds and a building high pressure will allow for temperatures to increase through the weekend. Then, another storm system could impact the region next week.

SHORT TERM (TDY-SUN). 21/204 PM.

Synoptically, the area is under the influence of a 550DM upper level low that is exiting the region to the east. Another low will cut off from the trof and settle about 700 miles to our west- southwest tomorrow. This system gets pushed to the south of us by a negatively tilted ridge that is pushing into central California from the eastern Pacific, so no real impacts from that other that in the outer waters. The ridge retreats westward on Tuesday making way for a trough that begins its move south. By next Wednesday this is a large and cold system bringing widespread rain and snow to California. Models have it as a closed 546DM upper low over the CWA through Friday at least before it exits to the east.

Enough moisture and instability persisted into today to keep the skies partly to mostly cloudy. There are showers over the eastern San Gabriel mountains, and afternoon showers in other spots of LA County. The negative LIs are to our SE in San Diego's area, so more showers there are certainly possible. Temperatures are around 5-10 degrees below normal.

Weak ridging will develop Friday between the exiting trough and the upstream trough. Temperatures should jump back up to near- normal values and skies should clear to partly cloudy at most. Friday morning could see some dense fog in the Antelope Valley, Cuyama Valley, and near Paso Robles.

Weak to moderate offshore flow will develop over the weekend, peaking between Saturday and Sunday. The NAM forecast for LAX-DAG is down to a -5 on Sunday morning. Our local WRF keeps winds below advisory-strength for now, but the trend has been a little stronger, so that could certainly change by Sunday. Temperatures will climb a few degrees each day with clearing skies and higher heights.

LONG TERM (MON-THU). 21/204 PM.

Warmer than normal conditions will linger into Monday, then models continue to bring a trough of low pressure down the west coast beginning Tuesday. Heights will drop from near 590DM down to near 570DM Tuesday. Temperatures will fall accordingly. By Wednesday morning models indicate widespread precipitation across the CWA and heights dropping down to 550DM or lower. This is a very cold system and by Thursday heights have dropped to an impressively low 540DM over Los Angeles. Snow levels drop to around 3,500 feet by Thursday morning and snow on the Grapevine is a very real possibility.

PoPs have been nudged higher again with this forecast package. In addition to rain and low snow levels, isolated thunderstorms cannot be ruled out. Freezing to sub-freezing temperatures would occur in the interior portions of the area during the overnight hours and downtown LA could drop to the mid-40s.

AVIATION. 21/1759Z.

At 17Z, there was no marine layer or inversion at KLAX.

Moderate confidence in VFR conditions most common today, with SCT025-035 at times anywhere. 20-30 percent chance of BKN025-035 anywhere. No thunderstorm chances. 80 percent chance of LIFR FG at KPRB KWJF KPMD Friday after 10Z, 20 percent chance at KSMX. 60 percent chance of MVFR BKN025 Friday after 08Z at KLAX KLGB KSMO KBUR KVNY, 30 percent chance at KOXR KCMA KSBA. 20 percent chance of -SHRA if those clouds form.

KLAX . Moderate confidence in forecast through 06Z, with VFR conditions except for a 20 percent chance of brief BKN025, and east winds through 19-20Z under 8kt. 60 percent chance of MVFR BKN025 Friday forming by 06-10Z, with a 20 percent chance of -SHRA. High confidence in east winds tonight being stronger than this morning, with a 60 percent chance of reaching 8-10 kt.

KBUR . Moderate confidence in forecast through 06Z, with VFR conditions except for a 30 percent chance of brief BKN025. 60 percent chance of MVFR BKN025 Friday forming by 06-10Z, with a 20 percent chance of -SHRA.

MARINE. 21/1220 PM.

Stronger SE winds are expected on Friday, and could locally approach 25 kt. Moderate confidence in conditions staying below SCA Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. NW winds will increase Sunday through Monday or Tuesday. High confidence in Gale Force winds by Monday off the Central Coast, and a 30 percent chance for the western Santa Barbara Channel. NW to W swell will build sharply with these winds, with widespread hazardous seas.

BEACHES. 21/318 AM.

Surf conditions remain at High Surf levels early this morning, but the surf is expected to diminish through the day. So, HIGH SURF ADVISORIES will remain in effect until Noon for the Central Coast as well as the Ventura/Los Angeles coasts and a BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT will remain in effect until Noon today for the Santa Barbara County South Coast. Although surf will subside this afternoon, rip current activity will likely remain strong and dangerous through this evening.

LOX WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES. CA . NONE. PZ . NONE.

.HAZARD POTENTIAL OUTLOOK (SUN-THU).

Gusty north winds possible in some areas Monday into Tuesday morning. Cold temperatures along with rain and mountain snow is possible Wednesday into Thanksgiving.



PUBLIC . jld AVIATION . Kittell MARINE . Kittell BEACHES . RAT SYNOPSIS . Delerme

weather.gov/losangeles


Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       (on/off)   Help   NOTE: Click on distance to see the station location on a map
Stations Dist Age Wind Air TempWater Temp WavesPressureDewPt
PFXC1 2 mi51 min S 7 G 8
PRJC1 2 mi51 min SSE 5.1 G 6
PSXC1 2 mi51 min S 5.1 G 8
BAXC1 3 mi51 min ESE 6 G 7
46256 4 mi51 min 64°F3 ft
PFDC1 4 mi51 min SE 1.9 G 2.9
AGXC1 5 mi51 min SSE 5.1 G 6
PXAC1 5 mi63 min SE 5.1 G 6
OHBC1 - 9410660 - Los Angeles, CA 6 mi51 min 64°F1013.2 hPa
46222 - San Pedro, CA (092) 12 mi28 min 65°F4 ft
46253 13 mi51 min 65°F4 ft
ICAC1 - 9410840 - Santa Monica Pier 24 mi51 min SW 7 G 8 62°F 63°F1013 hPa
46221 - Santa Monica Bay, CA (028) 25 mi25 min 64°F6 ft
46025 - Santa Monica Basin - 33NM West Southwest of Santa Monica, CA 46 mi31 min E 3.9 G 7.8 61°F 64°F5 ft1013 hPa56°F

Wind History for Los Angeles Pier S, CA
(wind in knots)    EDIT      (on/off)   Help
3
PM
4
PM
5
PM
6
PM
7
PM
8
PM
9
PM
10
PM
11
PM
12
AM
1
AM
2
AM
3
AM
4
AM
5
AM
6
AM
7
AM
8
AM
9
AM
10
AM
11
AM
12
PM
1
PM
2
PM
Last
24hr
NE9
G12
NE4
G7
NE3
G6
NE4
NE3
NE3
NE2
NE6
NE5
NE4
NE4
NE6
G9
NE7
NE6
G10
NE2
E5
N4
NE5
NE6
G9
SE5
S6
SE6
S7
G10
S6
1 day
ago
SE7
S8
G11
S7
S4
G7
SE4
SE3
G6
W3
NW7
G11
W8
G11
W5
G8
W4
SW8
G11
W10
G14
W9
G17
W12
G16
W10
G17
SW11
G14
SW12
G18
SW12
G18
SW9
G14
SE11
G14
SE7
NW12
G15
NE13
2 days
ago
SW4
G7
W1
E4
NW5
G10
NW7
G10
SE8
G11
SE3
SE6
G10
SE6
SE1
N3
SE2
SW4
--
NW3
N1
N2
E1
SE2
SE8
SW3
G7
SW6
E2
S7

Airport Reports
    EDIT      (on/off)   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisibilitySky/WeatherTempDewPtHumidityPressure
Long Beach, Long Beach Airport, CA5 mi28 minSSW 610.00 miPartly Cloudy64°F50°F60%1012.5 hPa
Los Alamitos Army Airfield, CA7 mi83 minS 510.00 miMostly Cloudy64°F50°F62%1012.5 hPa
Torrance, Zamperini Field Airport, CA8 mi33 minS 510.00 miMostly Cloudy64°F51°F64%1012.5 hPa
Fullerton, Fullerton Municipal Airport, CA13 mi28 minN 010.00 miMostly Cloudy65°F48°F56%1012.1 hPa
Hawthorne, Hawthorne Municipal Airport, CA14 mi28 minSSE 510.00 miFair64°F48°F56%1012.7 hPa
John Wayne-Orange County Airport, CA17 mi28 minSSW 610.00 miMostly Cloudy67°F51°F57%1012.5 hPa
Los Angeles, Los Angeles International Airport, CA17 mi28 minWSW 710.00 miMostly Cloudy65°F51°F61%1012.6 hPa
Los Angeles / USC Campus Downtown, CA19 mi89 minN 010.00 miPartly Cloudy65°F46°F52%1011.9 hPa
El Monte, CA24 mi96 minW 310.00 miMostly Cloudy63°F46°F56%1012.2 hPa
Santa Monica, Santa Monica Municipal Airport, CA24 mi30 minSW 710.00 miA Few Clouds64°F48°F58%1012.5 hPa

Link to 5 minute data for KLGB

Wind History from LGB (wind in knots)
3
PM
4
PM
5
PM
6
PM
7
PM
8
PM
9
PM
10
PM
11
PM
12
AM
1
AM
2
AM
3
AM
4
AM
5
AM
6
AM
7
AM
8
AM
9
AM
10
AM
11
AM
12
PM
1
PM
2
PM
Last 24hrN7NE5N3CalmCalmCalmSE3CalmE4N3E3NE3E3E3CalmCalmCalmCalmE6SE7S5S6SE5S6
1 day agoSE6S8S7S7CalmS43CalmNW6W5SW5SW6W10W13
G20
W13
G19
W7W4SW5S7SW9SW16
G21
S8N10N9
2 days agoS5S4W7NW8NW3CalmSE5E5SE6CalmCalmS3NW3NW3NW3CalmNW3CalmNW3E4S3W5SE3S7

Tide / Current Tables for Long Beach, Outer Harbor, Pier A, California
   EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   (on/off)   Help   One Week of Data
Long Beach
Click for Map
Thu -- 12:53 AM PST     Moonrise
Thu -- 05:24 AM PST     4.82 feet High Tide
Thu -- 06:30 AM PST     Sunrise
Thu -- 11:29 AM PST     1.70 feet Low Tide
Thu -- 02:00 PM PST     Moonset
Thu -- 04:46 PM PST     Sunset
Thu -- 05:02 PM PST     4.35 feet High Tide
Thu -- 11:27 PM PST     0.35 feet Low Tide
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

12
am
1
am
2
am
3
am
4
am
5
am
6
am
7
am
8
am
9
am
10
am
11
am
12
pm
1
pm
2
pm
3
pm
4
pm
5
pm
6
pm
7
pm
8
pm
9
pm
10
pm
11
pm
0.71.52.53.54.44.84.74.33.62.82.11.71.82.12.83.54.14.34.13.52.71.70.90.4

Tide / Current Tables for Los Angeles, California
   EDIT      (on/off)   Help   One Week of Data
Los Angeles
Click for Map
Thu -- 12:53 AM PST     Moonrise
Thu -- 05:21 AM PST     5.02 feet High Tide
Thu -- 06:30 AM PST     Sunrise
Thu -- 11:21 AM PST     1.77 feet Low Tide
Thu -- 02:00 PM PST     Moonset
Thu -- 04:47 PM PST     Sunset
Thu -- 04:59 PM PST     4.53 feet High Tide
Thu -- 11:19 PM PST     0.37 feet Low Tide
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

12
am
1
am
2
am
3
am
4
am
5
am
6
am
7
am
8
am
9
am
10
am
11
am
12
pm
1
pm
2
pm
3
pm
4
pm
5
pm
6
pm
7
pm
8
pm
9
pm
10
pm
11
pm
0.81.72.73.84.654.94.43.72.82.21.81.92.333.74.34.54.33.62.71.70.80.4

Weather Map
       (on/off)   Help Weather Map
wmap_P
GEOS Local Image of Southwest    EDIT
NOTE: East coast views moved to GEOS-16. They are experimental and not well supported by NOAA so they may not be correct so be warned. This change required redoing a large amount of the GOES code. If the image you are expecting is not showing, please let me know. You may need to use the EDIT function to update your location.
Link to Loop

Other links: Northern Pacific     Contential US     Full GOES-East
Wind Forecast for Los Angeles/Oxnard, CA (17,4,5,8)
      (on/off)   Help

Ground Weather Radar Station Santa Ana Mtns, CA
   (on/off)   Help
weather_mapweather_map weather_map

Ad by Google

Cookie Policy:
This webiste uses cookies to store settings on the weather pages so that you return to the same settings when you click the weather pages. This is necessary to save your setup information. There are also cookies used if you click the save location button.
Privacy Policy:
I do not sell or share any user data period. I do log page view information to monitor the health of the site and to block abusive actors. I also host ads from Google. They may or may not sell your data. Please adjust your account settings with them if you wich. This site does not fall under the terms of the CCPA or GDPR due to its size and target audiance.
Disclaimer:
The information on this web site has not been checked for accuracy. It is for entertainment purposes only and should be independently verified before using for any other reason. There are five sources. 1) Documents and manuals from a variety of sources. These have not been checked for accuracy and in many cases have not even been read by anyone associated with L-36.com. I have no idea of they are useful or accurate, I leave that to the reader. 2) Articles others have written and submitted. If you have questions on these, please contact the author. 3) Articles that represent my personal opinions. These are intended to promote thought and for entertainment. These are not intended to be fact, they are my opinions. 4) Small programs that generate result presented on a web page. Like any computer program, these may and in some cases do have errors. Almost all of these also make simplifying assumptions so they are not totally accurate even if there are no errors. Please verify all results. 5) Weather information is from numerious of sources and is presented automatically. It is not checked for accuracy either by anyone at L-36.com or by the source which is typically the US Government. See the NOAA web site for their disclaimer. Finally, tide and current data on this site is from 2007 and 2008 data bases, which may contain even older data. Changes in harbors due to building or dredging change tides and currents and for that reason many of the locations presented are no longer supported by newer data bases. For example, there is very little tidal current data in newer data bases so current data is likely wrong to some extent. This data is NOT FOR NAVIGATION. See the XTide disclaimer for details. In addition, tide and current are influenced by storms, river flow, and other factors beyond the ability of any predictive program.