Vandenberg AFB, CA Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Vandenberg AFB, CA


December 1, 2023 5:27 PM PST (01:27 UTC)
Sunrise 6:49AM   Sunset 4:52PM   Moonrise  8:54PM   Moonset 10:57AM 

NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION. Privacy and Cookie policy

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      Help
PZZ673 Waters From Pt. Sal To Santa Cruz Island Ca And Westward 60 Nm Including San Miguel And Santa Rosa Islands- 216 Pm Pst Fri Dec 1 2023
.small craft advisory in effect through late tonight...
Tonight..NW winds 20 to 30 kt in the evening, becoming N 15 to 25 kt. Combined seas 8 to 10 ft dominant period 10 seconds.
Sat..N winds 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt, becoming nw 15 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Combined seas 7 to 9 ft dominant period 13 seconds.
Sat night..NW winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt in the evening, becoming 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Strongest around point conception. Combined seas 7 to 9 ft dominant period 13 seconds. Patchy fog after midnight.
Sun..N winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt, becoming nw 15 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Strongest around point conception. Combined seas 8 to 10 ft dominant period 14 seconds.
Sun night..NW winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Combined seas 9 to 10 ft dominant period 14 seconds.
Mon..NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Combined seas 8 to 10 ft dominant period 14 seconds.
Mon night..NW winds 15 to 20 kt in the evening, becoming N 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft. NW swell 8 to 10 ft at 16 seconds.
Tue..NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. NW swell 8 to 11 ft.
Wed..NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. NW swell 9 to 12 ft. Patchy fog.

PZZ600 216 Pm Pst Fri Dec 1 2023
synopsis for the southern california coast and santa barbara channel including the channel islands national marine sanctuary and national park...at 21z or 1 pm pst, a 1028 mb high was 700 nm W of point conception and a 1009 mb low was over southern utah.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Vandenberg AFB, CA
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map

Area Discussion for - Los Angeles/Oxnard, CA
      (on/off)   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KLOX 012259 AFDLOX

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Los Angeles/Oxnard CA 259 PM PST Fri Dec 1 2023

SYNOPSIS
01/139 PM.

Cool and breezy conditions are expected through at least Saturday, with the strongest winds in the mountains. A warming trend will start Saturday and continue through the middle of next week, with breezy Santa Ana winds. Cooler onshore flow will return for the end of next week, with a small chance for light rain.

.SHORT TERM (TDY-MON)...01/156 PM.

A northerly jet aloft (80 knots) coupled with moderate north- to-south surface pressure gradients (LAX-BFL and SBA-BFL at -4 to -5 millibars) continued to produce gusty northerly winds over the area. The winds have relaxed a little from this morning, and are a little weaker than expected, but still expecting the winds to increase some this evening which is typical for this type of wind. As such, will keep the current suite of Wind Advisories going, but they may need to be cancelled if the winds do not pick up in a few hours. Clouds continue over the north slopes and look primed to increase in coverage overnight once again. While rain is not mentioned in the forecast, there is a 10 percent chance of a shower or two popping up there into Saturday.

It will feel rather cold again tonight thanks to the lingering cold air mass with dry and clear skies. Lows between 35 and 45 will be common. Breezy north to northeast winds will linger into Saturday morning, but well below Advisory levels. Temperatures will increase a bit and touch normal during the day on Saturday, thanks to a warming airmass. Otherwise, Saturday looks like a fairly benign weather day.

High pressure aloft will build over California on Sunday and Monday. Offshore pressure gradients will strengthen some as the surface high slides into the Great Basin, leading to sub-Advisory northeast winds. Gusts of 20 to 35 mph will be common over the wind prone areas of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties, with similar to even slight stronger winds (isolated gusts to 40 mph) over San Luis Obispo and interior Santa Barbara Counties which is more on the rarer side. All of this will add up to a healthy warming trend, with daytime highs of 65 to 75 common by Monday. Skies will be generally clear with slim to no chances of low clouds, but most projections do show a large swath of mid-level clouds moving through the area on Monday.

.LONG TERM (TUE-FRI)...01/155 PM.

Little change expected from Monday through Wednesday or Thursday, with above normal temperatures and breezy offshore flow. There is very good ensemble consensus on that. Cooling conditions with increasing onshore flow will likely follow on Thursday or Friday.
A handful of the projections have a trough moving through California during that time, with about 10 to 20 percent of them resulting in light rain. Beyond that, most ensemble projections show a return of offshore flow for the next weekend.

AVIATION
01/2258Z.

At 2245Z, there was no marine inversion or marine layer at KLAX.

High confidence in 00Z TAF package as continued northerly flow will maintain CAVU conditions for all sites through the period.
With northerly winds, there will continue to be some light turbulence and LLWS across the mountains and foothills.

KLAX...High confidence in 00Z TAF as CAVU conditions will persist through the period. No significant easterly wind component is expected.

KBUR...High confidence in 00Z TAF as CAVU conditions will persist through the period.

MARINE
01/156 PM.

For the Outer Waters, moderate to high confidence in current forecast. Through tonight, high confidence in combination of Small Craft Advisory (SCA) level winds and seas for the entire area, with a 60-80% chance of Gale Force winds through this afternoon from the Channel Islands south to San Nicolas Island.
For Sunday through Monday, there is a 50-70% chance of SCA level winds continuing, especially from Point Sal south to San Nicolas Island, lowering to a 30% chance of SCA level winds on Tuesday.

For the Inner Waters north of Point Sal, moderate to high confidence in current forecast. For today, there is a 60-80% chance of SCA level winds, especially this afternoon and evening.
For tonight and Saturday, there is a 30% chance of SCA level winds. For Sunday through Tuesday, high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels.

For the Inner Waters south of Point Conception, moderate to high confidence in current forecast. SCA level winds will continue through the evening across the western portions of the Santa Barbara Channel. By late tonight, winds should diminish below SCA levels. For Saturday, there is a 30% chance of SCA level winds across the western half of the Santa Barbara Channel again. For Saturday night through Monday, there is a 20-30% chance of SCA level northeast winds from Ventura south to Santa Monica, especially in the overnight and morning hours. For Tuesday, high confidence winds and seas remaining below SCA levels.

LOX WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
CA...Wind Advisory in effect until 10 PM PST this evening for zones 88-352-353-372-376>379-381. (See LAXNPWLOX).
PZ...Small Craft Advisory in effect until 9 PM PST this evening for zones 645-650. (See LAXMWWLOX).
Small Craft Advisory in effect until 3 AM PST Saturday for zones 670-673. (See LAXMWWLOX).
Gale Warning in effect until 9 PM PST this evening for zone 676. (See LAXMWWLOX).


Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       (on/off)   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind Air TempWater Temp WavesinHgDewPt
46259 20 mi31 min 60°F9 ft
46218 - Harvest, CA (071) 25 mi31 min 61°F9 ft
46011 - SANTA MARIA - 21 NM Northwest of Point Arguello, CA 30 mi37 min NNW 21G25 61°F8 ft
46054 - SANTA BARBARA W 38 NM West of Santa Barbara, CA 45 mi37 min NW 23G29 59°F 61°F8 ft30.0853°F
46215 - Diablo Canyon, CA (076) 49 mi31 min 62°F5 ft

toggle option: (graph/table)

Wind History for Port San Luis, CA
(wind in knots)    EDIT      (on/off)   Help


Airport Reports
    EDIT      (on/off)   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KVBG37 sm32 minNNW 18G2310 smPartly Cloudy57°F50°F77%30.12

Wind History from VBG
(wind in knots)


Tide / Current for Point Arguello, California
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   (on/off)   Help
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Point Arguello, California, Tide feet



Tide / Current for Oil Platform Harvest (Topex Project), California
   EDIT      (on/off)   Help
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Oil Platform Harvest (Topex Project), California, Tide feet




Weather Map
       (on/off)   Help


GEOS Local Image of Southwest   
EDIT

Vandenberg AFB, CA,



NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE