Kanab, UT Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Kanab, UT

April 15, 2024 10:21 AM MDT (16:21 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 6:54 AM   Sunset 8:09 PM
Moonrise 11:21 AM   Moonset 1:57 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall

NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar  


Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      Help


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Kanab, UT
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Salt Lake City, UT
      (hide/show)   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS65 KSLC 150958 AFDSLC

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Salt Lake City UT 358 AM MDT Mon Apr 15 2024

SYNOPSIS
A slow moving upper level system will bring valley rain and mountain snow to the region through tonight. Brief high pressure will build into the area through Tuesday night. A weak front may impact portions of northern Utah through the remainder of the week.

.SHORT TERM (Through 12Z Wednesday)...After a few days of temperatures more reminiscent of May than mid-April, a change back to below normal temperatures will continue across the region through the short term forecast period. Morning upper air and satellite analysis indicates an upper level low and associated trough are crossing the Great Basin. The low is currently centered close to the St. George area. Widespread precipitation is noted on radar.

Expect widespread valley rain and mountain snow to continue through the evening and into tonight. The heaviest mountain snow is expected from roughly 18Z to 08Z, with amounts approaching high end winter weather advisory totals. The going winter weather advisory is on track, though started the winter weather advisories immediately rather than later this morning for all mountain zones based on current trends. Currently, the winter weather advisories end at 9 PM and given current model trends, this may need to be extended for the Wasatch Mountains south of I-80 further into the overnight period.

With a strong northwesterly gradient across Castle Country, there is a threat of strong winds for the SR-10 corridor, especially from Castle Dale to Fremont Junction this afternoon into tonight.
Currently the window of wind gusts to 45-50 mph looks to be less than 3 hours, with only a 15% chance of any wind gusts above 58 mph. With a lack of depth to the strong northwest flow, conceptual models would suggest more a brief period of gusty winds for the SR-10 corridor as well. For now, held off on any wind advisories due to lack of sufficient duration of the winds, but this should be monitored with updated guidance later this morning.

The trough will pull away from the area by Tuesday morning, bringing a period of shortwave ridging through Tuesday night.

.LONG TERM (After 12Z Wednesday)...Long term period begins with a grazing shortwave trough and associated jet max positioned just north of the local forecast region. A weak associated baroclinic zone will try and dip southward into northern Utah and southwest Wyoming, which in combination with some limited moisture will yield some isolated to scattered precipitation chances accordingly. In general though, anticipate the best chances remain limited to the higher terrain, with overall rain/snow accumulation minimal. Otherwise, largely just expecting this feature to help keep afternoon temperatures across the northern 1/3 of the forecast region or so near to a bit below climatological normal. Further into southern Utah temperatures will continue their upward trend, with afternoon highs around 5 to 10 degrees above normal. This feature will help keep similar temperatures in place for Thursday, but with forcing a bit more limited, precipitation chances trend downwards.

Overall, guidance supports the baroclinic zone lifting further north by Friday with the trough largely exiting, allowing warming trend to re-emerge in the northern portions of the forecast region, and warmth to persist across the southern portions of the forecast region. Precipitation chances remain minimal, and largely tied to the high terrain during the daytime hours. This general increasingly ridge dominant pattern remains favored by around 60% of global ensemble members moving into the weekend, with some showing potential for a moderately strong ridge (which would likely yield temperatures on the higher side of forecast guidance and more subdued precipitation chances). The remaining 40% or so keep a more active northern stream ongoing along with more weak grazing style shortwaves, which would yield a marginally more unsettled pattern and temperatures a bit on the cooler side of guidance.

AVIATION
KSLC...Southerly winds may be gusty near showers through 12-15Z this morning, with occasional high end MVFR conditions. A shift to north to northwest winds is expected between 14-16Z, but periods of rain with occasional MVFR conditions will continue for much of the day.

REST OF UTAH AND SOUTHWEST WYOMING
Mountain snow (largely above 7000 feet) with valley rain will bring periods of high end MVFR to IFR conditions in snow across most of the region. There is a 10-20% chance of thunder across northern and central areas after 18Z.

SLC WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
UT...Winter Weather Advisory until 9 PM MDT this evening for UTZ111>113-117-125.

WY...None.




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       (hide/show)   Help




Airport Reports
    EDIT      (hide/show)   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KKNB KANAB MUNI,UT 18 sm26 minWSW 13G2010 smPartly Cloudy48°F28°F46%29.98
Link to 5 minute data for KBCE


Wind History from BCE
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)



Tide / Current for
   EDIT      (hide/show)   Help


Weather Map
       (hide/show)   Help


GEOS Local Image of Southern Rockies   
EDIT



Cedar City, UT,



NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE