Garden City, ID Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar   TAF  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Garden City, ID

June 22, 2024 7:42 AM MDT (13:42 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 6:02 AM   Sunset 9:31 PM
Moonrise 9:53 PM   Moonset 5:09 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  News
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help

7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Garden City, ID
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Boise, ID
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS65 KBOI 220930 AFDBOI

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Boise ID 330 AM MDT Sat Jun 22 2024

SHORT TERM
Today through Monday night...Hot temperatures are expected through the weekend as a ridge of high pressure remains in place, driven by an approaching Pacific system set to reach the British Columbia coast tonight. This setup will bring the warmest temperatures of the year so far. The Treasure Valley has a 70-80% chance of hitting 100 degrees or more today.
On Sunday, the chances slightly decrease to 40-70% as the ridge axis and the warmest air shift further east. These temperatures are 15-20 degrees above normal, though still a few degrees shy of record highs. Clear skies and dry air will allow overnight lows to drop into the low to mid-60s each night, helping to mitigate heat concerns.

As the ridge axis moves east, southwest flow aloft will develop, bringing breezy conditions to the higher elevations starting Saturday and intensifying on Sunday, with wind gusts reaching 25-35 mph. In the lower elevations, winds will be lighter.

A Pacific system with an associated surface cold front will pass through on Monday, bringing slightly cooler temperatures, with valley highs around the mid-90s. However, the air mass will remain too dry for any precipitation with the frontal passage.

LONG TERM
Tuesday through Saturday...A much stronger Gulf of Alaska trough is expected to move inland late next week, potentially as early as Thursday. The majority of ensemble guidance (around 83% of the members) favors an early cold frontal passage on Thursday, while the remaining 17% favor a passage on Friday. Ahead of the trough, an upper-level ridge will re-amplify on Tuesday and Wednesday with its axis just to our east. This will lead to temperatures rising back into the mid to upper 90s, with a 30-50% chance of reaching 100 degrees in the Treasure Valley on Wednesday.

The frontal passage, currently favored for Thursday, will bring a significant temperature drop of about 20-25 degrees, potentially resulting in below-normal temperatures on Friday.
While the air mass will remain largely dry, there could be enough moisture across the West Central Mountains of Idaho for showers and thunderstorms on Friday. Winds will stay breezy as the trough moves through.

AVIATION
VFR. Mostly clear skies. Hot temperatures will bring high density altitudes. Surface winds: variable 10kt or less. Winds aloft at 10kft MSL: W-SW 5-15 kt.

KBOI...VFR. Mostly clear skies. Hot temperatures will bring high density altitudes. Surface winds: SE 5-10kt.

Sunday Outlook...VFR. Hot temperatures will bring high density altitudes. Surface winds W-SW 10-20kt during the afternoons, light during the night.

BOI WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
ID...None.
OR...None.




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help




Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
Link to 1 hour of 5 minute data for KBOI
   
NEW Forecast page for KBOI (use "back" to return)

Wind History graph: BOI
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help

Tide / Current for
   EDIT      HIDE   Help

Weather Map
      HIDE   Help


GEOS Local Image of Pacific Northwest   
EDIT   HIDE



Boise, ID,




NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE