Depoe Bay, OR Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Depoe Bay, OR

May 27, 2024 6:45 AM PDT (13:45 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 5:31 AM   Sunset 8:48 PM
Moonrise 12:00 AM   Moonset 8:01 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  New
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help
PZZ255 Coastal Waters From Cascade Head To Florence Or Out 10 Nm- 847 Am Pdt Tue Sep 13 2022

.dense fog advisory in effect until 10 pm pdt this evening - .

Rest of today - SW wind to 5 kt. Wind waves sw 1 ft at 4 seconds. NW swell 2 ft at 9 seconds. Widespread dense fog and a chance of showers in the morning, then areas of dense fog in the afternoon.

Tonight - N wind to 5 kt. Wind waves N 1 ft at 4 seconds. NW swell 3 ft at 9 seconds. Areas of dense fog in the evening. Patchy dense fog after midnight.

Wed - N wind 5 kt. Wind waves N 1 ft at 4 seconds. NW swell 3 ft at 9 seconds. Patchy dense fog in the morning.

Wed night - NW wind 5 kt. Wind waves W 1 ft at 4 seconds. NW swell 3 ft at 9 seconds.

Thu - SE wind 5 kt, veering to W in the afternoon. Wind waves se 1 ft at 4 seconds, shifting to the W at 4 seconds in the afternoon. NW swell 3 ft at 10 seconds.

Thu night - N wind 5 to 10 kt. Wind waves N 1 ft at 4 seconds. NW swell 3 ft at 10 seconds.

Fri - N wind 5 to 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft. NW swell 3 ft.

Sat - NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft. NW swell 4 ft.

PZZ200 219 Am Pdt Mon May 27 2024

Synopsis for the southern washington and northern oregon coast - Weak high pressure remains over the waters through Monday evening. Trough moves east into the waters Tuesday morning, with elevated winds but little to no impacts expected. More active weather returns near the end of the week.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Depoe Bay, OR
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Portland, OR
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KPQR 271019 AFDPQR

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Portland OR 319 AM PDT Mon May 27 2024

SYNOPSIS
Warmer and drier conditions today. Another round of rain on Tuesday through Wednesday, with slight chances for rain on Wednesday. Dry and warm conditions return towards the latter part of the week and will possibly persist through next weekend.

SHORT TERM
Monday through Wednesday Night...Warm and dry conditions return today as weak ridging continues to develop across the forecast area. This will result in daytime highs in the mid to upper 70s for inland locations and upper 50s to mid 60s along the coast. However, as the region has experienced, the warm temperatures will not last very long as a broad, upper level trough swings through for Tuesday and Wednesday. This will bring a return of onshore flow, cooler temperatures and light precipitation. 850mb temperatures with the system on Tuesday and Wednesday around 0C will signal cooler than normal daytime highs in the mid 60s for inland locations and mid to upper 50s along the coast. Overnight lows, will also follow a similar pattern and also be slightly below seasonal normals for this time of year. /42

LONG TERM
Thursday through Sunday...As we transition into the latter part of the week and into next weekend, conditions have the chance to start drying out as the WPC 500 mb clusters show zonal flow to weak ridging to strong ridging. This uncertainty within the models is reflected within the temperature spread seen across the models, which varies from the low 70s to the upper 80s. So, while the trend does point towards warming, just how warm it will get is uncertain.
Towards the start of the next weekend, models continue to diverge with some models bringing in a broad trough, which will bring cooler temperatures and precipitation. Other models maintain a broad ridge which would result in warm and dry conditions. So, have leaned into the NBM which has kept a weak ridge over the region. /42

AVIATION
With a weak front passing through the region, expect coastal terminals to see brief periods of MVFR CIGS until 18-20Z Monday. KAST has around a 40-60% chance of MVFR cigs through this time, with chances around 30-40% at southern coastal terminals (KONP). All inland terminals remain VFR through the TAF period, with little to no wind this morning. Chance of fog around 10-30% between 12-16Z Monday for areas between KCVO and KEUG. Tonight, expect MVFR CIGS to return along the coast around 06Z Tuesday.

PDX AND APPROACHES...VFR conditions through the period, with a high cloud deck. Winds remain variable and under 5 kts until around 20Z Monday.
-JH

MARINE
Calm winds through Monday evening. Tuesday, a trough will enter the waters bringing potential for northwesterly gusts up to 15-20 kt. Seas remain around 5-6 ft through the week. Little to no impacts are expected through midweek. More active weather expected to return Thursday/Friday, with expected gusts up to 20-25 kt suggesting Small Craft Advisory conditions.
-JH

PQR WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES

OR...None.
WA...None.
PZ...None.




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind Air TempWater Temp WavesinHgDewPt
46097 13 mi116 min SE 3.9 55°F 55°F30.15
NWPO3 - Newport, OR 14 mi46 min ENE 2.9G4.1 50°F
46280 16 mi50 min 53°F4 ft
46281 17 mi50 min 54°F5 ft
46050 - STONEWALL BANKS - 20NM West of Newport, OR 21 mi36 min ESE 5.8G7.8 53°F 54°F30.15


Wind History for No Ports station near this location
(wind in knots)    EDIT      HIDE   Help
toggle option: (graph/table)

No data


Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KONP NEWPORT MUNI,OR 17 sm10 mincalm10 smOvercast50°F48°F94%30.19
Link to 5 minute data for KONP


Wind History from ONP
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for Depoe Bay, Oregon
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Depoe Bay, Oregon, Tide feet


Tide / Current for Kernville, Siletz River, Oregon
   EDIT      HIDE   Help
Kernville
Click for Map
Mon -- 12:35 AM PDT     Moonrise
Mon -- 03:22 AM PDT     5.86 feet High Tide
Mon -- 05:35 AM PDT     Sunrise
Mon -- 08:59 AM PDT     Moonset
Mon -- 11:16 AM PDT     -0.83 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 05:52 PM PDT     4.45 feet High Tide
Mon -- 08:51 PM PDT     Sunset
Mon -- 10:59 PM PDT     2.28 feet Low Tide
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Kernville, Siletz River, Oregon, Tide feet
12
am
3.2
1
am
4.3
2
am
5.2
3
am
5.8
4
am
5.8
5
am
5.2
6
am
4.3
7
am
3
8
am
1.7
9
am
0.5
10
am
-0.4
11
am
-0.8
12
pm
-0.7
1
pm
0.1
2
pm
1.3
3
pm
2.5
4
pm
3.6
5
pm
4.3
6
pm
4.4
7
pm
4.2
8
pm
3.6
9
pm
3
10
pm
2.5
11
pm
2.3


Weather Map
      HIDE   Help


GEOS Local Image of Pacific Northwest   
EDIT   HIDE



Portland, OR,




NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE