Westport, OR Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar   TAF  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Westport, OR

June 22, 2024 8:11 AM PDT (15:11 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 5:19 AM   Sunset 9:08 PM
Moonrise 9:35 PM   Moonset 4:25 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  News
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help
PZZ210 Columbia River Bar- 226 Am Pdt Sat Jun 22 2024

In the main channel -

General seas - 1 to 3 ft building to 2 to 4 ft Sunday morning.

First ebb - Strong ebb current of 6.29 kt at 524 am Saturday. Seas to 4 ft.

SEcond ebb - Ebb current of 2.85 kt at 603 pm Saturday. Seas to 3 ft.

Third ebb - Very strong ebb current of 6.41 kt at 604 am Sunday. Seas 5 ft.

PZZ200 226 Am Pdt Sat Jun 22 2024

Synopsis for the southern washington and northern oregon coast - A weak front will move throug the waters this afternoon. High pressure rebuiilds for the start of next week.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Westport CDP, OR
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Portland, OR
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KPQR 221009 AFDPQR

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Portland OR 300 AM PDT Sat Jun 22 2024

SYNOPSIS
After another hot day for inland valleys on Saturday, cooler temperatures will return Sunday into Monday as onshore flow strengthens. Conditions will remain mostly dry through Tuesday aside from areas of light rain and drizzle Saturday night into Sunday morning for the coast, west slopes of the Coast Range and Cascade foothills. The eastern Portland metro may see a little light rain as well, but confidence is low. Precip chances become more widespread Wednesday into Thursday as an upper level trough moves inland, which will also bring the return of cooler temperatures.

DISCUSSION
SATURDAY THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...Satellite imagery from early Saturday morning revealed clear skies across the region aside from a few passing high clouds. The exception was along the coast from Coos Bay to Tillamook where a low marine stratus deck was in place. However, the HRRR suggests this stratus deck will scatter out later this morning and bring mostly sunny conditions to the coast before low clouds return to the coast late Saturday afternoon/evening. As such, another cool day is in store for the coast with highs in the 60s. With plenty of sunshine inland and very little change to the weather pattern, expect another warm day with high temps in the mid to upper 80s. Cannot completely rule out highs of 90 degrees or warmer as the NBM is showing a 20-40% chance from Salem to the Portland metro. However given observed surface temps over the past two days have been in the upper 80s/lower 90s for most inland valley locations and 850 mb temps on Saturday are 1-2 deg C cooler, highs in the mid to upper 80s seems spot on. This is also in line with the deterministic NBM, which has verified very well over the past couple of days.

Beyond Saturday, models and their ensembles continue to depict strengthening low-level onshore flow and increasing low-level moisture Saturday night into Sunday as a weak cold front and attendant upper level shortwave reach the coast. The latest suite of hi-res model guidance shows light rain or drizzle beginning at the coast/west slopes of the Coast Range Saturday evening before expanding into the Cascade foothills and eastern Portland/Vancouver metro Saturday night/early Sunday morning. NBM PoPs remain too low based on ensemble guidance, forecast soundings, and the overall setup in place (moist westerly upslope flow with saturated conditions in the boundary layer; it still appears the marine layer will deepen to 1-1.5 km according to NAM/GFS soundings). Therefore decided to increase NBM PoPs by blending in CONSAll guidance. In addition to the light drizzle/light rain in the aforementioned areas, expect expansive cloud cover Sunday morning across nearly all of northwest OR and southwest WA. With the increase in cloud cover/stronger onshore flow, Sunday will be cooler with highs most likely in the low to mid 70s across the interior lowlands (except 60s at the coast).
Cannot completely rule out highs in the lower 80s if morning cloud cover scatters out quickly enough, but the probability of this occurring has decreased to 1-5%.

Less cloud cover on Monday, but still seasonable with highs in the 60s at the coast and 70s inland. A very brief warm-up is still in store on Tuesday as a transient shortwave ridge passes through the region, sending high temps back into the 80s for inland valleys. The warmest ensemble members show high temps near 90 degrees over the Willamette Valley, however the chance of this occurring is around 10% or less. Even if some areas do briefly warm to 90 degrees Tuesday, conditions will most definitely trend cooler Wednesday into Thursday as an upper level trough over the northeast Pacific moves into western WA/OR. This trough will also bring a chance of rain, however confidence is low regarding the exact timing and exact rain amounts given the large degree of model spread evident. NBM 6-hr PoPs currently peak on Thursday between 20-60%, lowest from Florence to Eugene to Oakridge and highs across southwest WA. The probability for 24-hr rain amounts in excess of 0.25 inches (from 5pm Wednesday through 5pm Thursday) is at 10-30%, except less than 10% to the south of Salem, south of Lincoln City, and east of Eugene. -TK

AVIATION
VFR prevailing, except for IFR/LIFR cigs for much of the coast. Coastal stratus is more patchy between KTMK and KAST as of 10Z Sat, but models and satellite trends indicate it will fill back in shortly. CONSShort model indicate the coastline will remain IFR/LIFR through the day with cigs below 1000 ft, but locations just inland should see improvement to VFR or high end MVFR later this morning. But that may be short lived as a weak front approaches this afternoon. HRRR probabilistic guidance has high chances (80-90% chance) for IFR spreading to the coast 21-23Z Sat. Then after the front shifts further inland, cigs chances for IFR decrease with MVFR becoming dominant. Inland areas remain VFR until about 04-06Z Sun when clouds start filling in on the Cascades then back build toward the valley with about a 40-60% chance for MVFR cigs reaching valley terminals after 09Z Sun.

Wind generally less than 10 kt through the day.

PDX AND APPROACHES...VFR with mostly clear skies today, then increasing mid level clouds around 45-60 ft after 06Z Sun. There is around a 60% chance for cigs 2000-3000 ft after 09Z Sun. Light northwesterly winds early increasing to 5 to 9 kt after 22Z Sat.
/mh

MARINE
High pressure gives way to weak front moving through the waters today. Winds are expected to remain under 20 kt. General seas around 4 to 6 ft with a 6 to 7 second period, but increasing westerly swell to around 8 ft is expected by Sunday afternoon.
High pressure gradually returns for the start of next week. /mh

PQR WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES

OR...None.
WA...None.
PZ...None.




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind AirWater WavesinHgDewPt
LOPW1 - 9440422 - Longview, WA 19 mi54 min 64°F
KLMW1 28 mi72 min 29.94
46243 - Clatsop Spit, OR - 162 43 mi76 min 56°F3 ft


Wind History for No Ports station near this location
(wind in knots)    EDIT      HIDE   Help
toggle option: (graph/table)

No data


Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherAirDewPtRHinHg
KKLS SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON RGNL,WA 22 sm15 mincalm10 smClear57°F52°F82%29.97
Link to 1 hour of 5 minute data for KKLS
   
NEW Forecast page for KKLS (use "back" to return)

Wind History graph: KLS
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for Eagle Cliff, Washington - IGNORE HEIGHTS
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Eagle Cliff, Washington - IGNORE HEIGHTS, Tide feet


Tide / Current for Skamokawa, Steamboat Slough, Washington - IGNORE HEIGHTS
   EDIT      HIDE   Help
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Skamokawa, Steamboat Slough, Washington - IGNORE HEIGHTS, Tide feet


Weather Map
      HIDE   Help


GEOS Local Image of Pacific Northwest   
EDIT   HIDE



Portland, OR,




NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE