Grayland, WA Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar   TAF  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Grayland, WA

June 22, 2024 9:52 PM PDT (04:52 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 5:18 AM   Sunset 9:16 PM
Moonrise 9:42 PM   Moonset 4:24 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  News
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help
PZZ110 Grays Harbor Bar- 246 Pm Pdt Sat Jun 22 2024
combined seas 2 to 4 ft building to 4 to 6 ft Sunday. Bar conditions light. Maximum ebb currents will occur around 600 pm today, 600 am Sunday, and 645 pm Sunday. The Sunday morning ebb will be very strong.

PZZ100 246 Pm Pdt Sat Jun 22 2024

Synopsis for the northern and central washington coastal and inland waters - A weak front will continue to move through the waters with onshore flow increasing tonight in its wake. Weak high pressure will build back over the coastal waters and interact with lower pressure inland Sunday through Tuesday. Another frontal system will reach the area waters Wednesday.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Grayland, WA
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Portland, OR
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KPQR 230351 AAB AFDPQR

Area Forecast Discussion...UPDATED National Weather Service Portland OR 851 PM PDT Sat Jun 22 2024

Aviation Discussion Updated...

SYNOPSIS
Cooler temperatures will return Sunday into Monday as onshore flow strengthens, along with some light rain/aggressive drizzle tonight into Sunday morning for the Coast Range and Cascades. Warm and dry conditions return Tuesday. Precip chances become more widespread Wednesday into Thursday as a more robust upper level trough moves inland, which will also bring the return of cooler temperatures.

SHORT TERM
Now through Tuesday Night...The upper level ridge which has been the dominant synoptic feature the past few days, will continue to break down tonight as the a broad upper level trough from Hadia Gwaii pushes eastward through Sunday. High resolution models are showing a cold front that is associated with the upper level trough will bring near normal daytime high temperatures to the region on Sunday. Daytime highs in the upper 60s to low 70s for inland locations, upper 50s to mid 60s for the Cascades and low to mid 60s for the coast. In addition to the cooler temperatures, areas along the Coast, Coast Range and Cascades could see some very light rain/aggressive drizzle starting later tonight and continuing through Sunday afternoon.
While the cooler temps and moister conditions may be welcomed, do not expect any amount of significant rainfall accumulation with this front. In fact, most locations will likely not see any precipitation.

After this broad trough has pushed eastward late Sunday, the region develops a zonal flow pattern, which will signal the start of another warming trend for the middle part of the week. Currently, daytime highs are expect to warm into the mid to mid 70s inland, upper 60s to low 70s for the Cascades and upper 50s to mid 60s along the coast. Tuesday, the warming trend will continue as a Great Basin high will stretch northward, resulting in 850 mb temperatures reaching toward 11C to 15C which means that daytime highs will likely warm once again. Overall, expect warm and dry conditions to persist through the middle of the upcoming week. -42


LONG TERM
Wednesday through Saturday...Wednesday continues to see the trailing end of the ridge as it moves out, with a 75% chance of temperatures above 75 degrees. The next shortwave begins to move in late Wednesday which could bring some light rain as the next shortwave trough begins to move in. There is around a 20% chance of 24hr rainfall (Wed 5am - Thu 5am) above 0.10" at the WA coast, WA Coast Range, and WA Cascades. At inland/lowland areas, chance is lower than 5%. WPC Cluster analysis shows an 85% chance of a shortwave trough fully moving in on Thursday, with slightly stronger rain accumulations expected, as well as cooler temperatures. Temperatures will be in the low 70s, with only a 25% chance of temperatures over 75 degrees. Precipitation is skewing weaker than previous forecasts, with around a 30-40% chance of 24hr accumulation (Thu 5am - Fri 5am) at the coast, Coast Range, and Cascades above 0.10". This drops to 10% in the Willamette Valley, under 5% south of Salem.

Friday is expected to see similar conditions, and Saturday sees 70% ensemble agreement in a return to zonal flow, with possibly some insubstantial drizzle. -JLiu

AVIATION
A weak cold front continues to push into our region, expected to reach the interior valley by 06-08Z Sunday. Will likely see continued VFR conditions in the interior valley, however there remains some uncertainty as some models suggest stratus formation overnight with this cold front. Stratus may begin to develop along the Cascade foothills and backbuild into the Willamette Valley (around 06-08Z Sunday), giving a 30-50% chance of MVFR CIGs to develop and persist at inland terminals until 19-20Z Sunday. At the very least, expect CIGs to be around FL030 to FL035 through this timeframe.

The coast will see a mix of LIFR/IFR conditions (30-50% probability) until 07-09Z Sunday, then MVFR (30-50% probability)
until 18-20Z Sunday. Conditions will likely improving to VFR thereafter, with chances of staying MVFR around 10-30%. Otherwise, isolated showers are not out of the question over the Coast Range and Cascades Sunday.

PDX AND APPROACHES...VFR with mainly clear skies and northwesterly winds around 10 kt decreasing through the night. Backbuilding stratus from the Cascade foothills will lead to a 30-50% chance of MVFR CIGs until 17-19Z Sunday.
-JH

MARINE
Low pressure near 1000 mb was approaching Haida Gwaii Sat morning, pushing a weak cold front across the Pac NW coastal waters later today. Trajectory of low pressure does suggest a weak dynamic fetch which could push seas up close to 10 ft Sunday afternoon and evening. That said, the odds of seas reaching 10 ft are too low (20-30%) to warrant a Small Craft Advisory at this time. Otherwise, high pressure will expand across the waters Sunday and Monday while thermal low pressure strengthens over the Sacramento Valley and near the OR/CA border. This will lead to moderate N-NW flow early next week, with about a 30-40% chance of wind gusts exceeding SCA criteria of 21 kt Monday afternoon.
-Weagle

PQR WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
OR...None.
WA...None.
PZ...None.




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind AirWater WavesinHgDewPt
WPTW1 - 9441102 - Westport, WA 4 mi77 minW 9.9G12 53°F 53°F29.97
46211 - Grays Harbor, WA (036) 9 mi27 min 54°F3 ft
TOKW1 - 9440910 - Toke Point, WA 12 mi53 minWNW 9.9G13 55°F 57°F30.01
46243 - Clatsop Spit, OR - 162 45 mi57 min 53°F2 ft
46041 - CAPE ELIZABETH- 45NM Northwest of Aberdeen, WA 49 mi43 minWSW 3.9G3.9 55°F 29.98


Wind History for Westport, WA
(wind in knots)    EDIT      HIDE   Help
toggle option: (graph/table)



Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherAirDewPtRHinHg
KHQM BOWERMAN,WA 10 sm59 minWNW 1110 smOvercast57°F55°F94%29.97
Link to 1 hour of 5 minute data for KHQM
   
NEW Forecast page for KHQM (use "back" to return)

Wind History graph: HQM
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for Bay City, Tillamook Bay, Oregon
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help
Bay City
Click for Map
Sat -- 01:07 AM PDT     7.51 feet High Tide
Sat -- 05:22 AM PDT     Sunrise
Sat -- 05:24 AM PDT     Moonset
Sat -- 08:56 AM PDT     -1.29 feet Low Tide
Sat -- 03:24 PM PDT     5.45 feet High Tide
Sat -- 08:26 PM PDT     2.73 feet Low Tide
Sat -- 09:14 PM PDT     Sunset
Sat -- 10:41 PM PDT     Moonrise
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Bay City, Tillamook Bay, Oregon, Tide feet
12
am
7
1
am
7.5
2
am
7.3
3
am
6.4
4
am
5
5
am
3.3
6
am
1.5
7
am
0
8
am
-1
9
am
-1.3
10
am
-0.8
11
am
0.4
12
pm
2
1
pm
3.6
2
pm
4.8
3
pm
5.4
4
pm
5.4
5
pm
4.8
6
pm
4
7
pm
3.2
8
pm
2.8
9
pm
2.8
10
pm
3.6
11
pm
4.8


Tide / Current for Grays Harbor Entrance, Washington Current
   EDIT      HIDE   Help
Grays Harbor Entrance
Click for Map
Sat -- 01:23 AM PDT     -0.00 knots Slack
Sat -- 05:17 AM PDT     -3.93 knots Max Ebb
Sat -- 05:22 AM PDT     Sunrise
Sat -- 05:24 AM PDT     Moonset
Sat -- 08:50 AM PDT     0.00 knots Slack
Sat -- 12:01 PM PDT     2.38 knots Max Flood
Sat -- 03:15 PM PDT     -0.00 knots Slack
Sat -- 05:56 PM PDT     -1.78 knots Max Ebb
Sat -- 08:24 PM PDT     0.00 knots Slack
Sat -- 09:15 PM PDT     Sunset
Sat -- 10:42 PM PDT     Moonrise
Sat -- 11:06 PM PDT     1.86 knots Max Flood
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Grays Harbor Entrance, Washington Current, knots
12
am
1.2
1
am
0.4
2
am
-0.8
3
am
-2.3
4
am
-3.4
5
am
-3.9
6
am
-3.8
7
am
-2.9
8
am
-1.3
9
am
0.2
10
am
1.4
11
am
2.2
12
pm
2.4
1
pm
2.2
2
pm
1.5
3
pm
0.3
4
pm
-0.9
5
pm
-1.6
6
pm
-1.8
7
pm
-1.4
8
pm
-0.5
9
pm
0.7
10
pm
1.5
11
pm
1.9


Weather Map
      HIDE   Help


GEOS Local Image of Pacific Northwest   
EDIT   HIDE



Langley,Hill/Gray,Harbor,WA




NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE