Hudson Bend, TX Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar   TAF  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Hudson Bend, TX

June 16, 2024 5:31 PM CDT (22:31 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 6:27 AM   Sunset 8:36 PM
Moonrise 2:46 PM   Moonset 1:40 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  New
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help

7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Hudson Bend, TX
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast

Area Discussion for - Austin/San Antonio, TX
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Austin/San Antonio TX 133 PM CDT Sun Jun 16 2024


(Tonight through Monday night)
Issued at 133 PM CDT Sun Jun 16 2024

Nocturnal stratus has scattered out across South-Central Texas this afternoon and mostly clear to partly cloudy skies continue at the present time. We saw a few streamer showers in the Coastal Plains this morning and that activity has mostly dwindled as well.
South/Southeast winds will be breezy at times today into the evening hours. Otherwise, highs later today will top out in the middle 90s to near 103 degrees out west. Another round of nocturnal stratus is expected overnight tonight into tomorrow morning. This will allow for low temperatures to remain on the warmer side, bottoming out in the middle to upper 70s for most locations.

Moisture levels tomorrow morning into the afternoon will be higher and should see a slightly higher coverage of the streamer showers for areas mainly east of the I35 corridor tomorrow morning into the afternoon. Will show some 20-50 PoPs out there. Most of the activity will likely be showers but can't rule out a thunderstorm as well.
Highs tomorrow will be in the lower 90s in the east and up into the 100-103 degree range out west. Most if not all the rain activity will diminish by sunset leaving a mostly dry night tomorrow night with lows back in the middle to upper 70s.

(Tuesday through Sunday)
Issued at 133 PM CDT Sun Jun 16 2024

Focus for the long term remains on tropical influences and the low level of confidence in the impacts to the local area. The latest information from NHC shows a 30% chance of formation over the next 48 hours, and a 70% chance of formation over the next 7 days.

Initial surge of moisture and periphery shortwaves of the primary disturbance will bring shower and thunderstorm chances into the service area generally along and south of I-35 on Tuesday. Chances spread area wide Wednesday through Friday as the disturbance moves further inland followed by upper level troughing. Variations in system evolution and track persist in the forecast which will have significant impacts on possible rainfall amounts.

What does this mean for rainfall? Long story short, still to early for specifics given the wide range of possibilities. The operational GFS has been a proponent of the higher end of storm totals while the ECMWF has shown to be more on the lower end of totals. 12z GFS did come down a fair bit from the 06z run concerning storm totals but remains higher than the ECMWF. 12z GEFS probability of greater than 2 inches shows a greater than 55% chance for storm total amounts to be greater than 2" for the majority of the area with the Coastal Plains having a 70% or greater chance. Will also mention that areas east of HWY 281 were shown to have around a 3 in 10 chance of seeing storm total amounts of greater than 5 inches. So there is a decent chance we get some much needed rain to areas that severely need it, and it's not off the table that this rainfall could result in flooding and flash flooding for areas that have the chances for the higher totals.
Not surprising, given this, that WPC has much of the area in a Slight Risk (2 of 4) for excessive rainfall on days 4 and 5.

River wise, the western rivers desperately need the rainfall. 18z HEFS guidance shows a mixture of Action stage to Minor Flood stage primarily along and south of I-35. Will mention that some locations also show a less than 10% chance of exceedance for Moderate Flood stage primarily for the Coastal Plain counties which could be in play if we see some of the higher end rainfall totals of the deterministic models.

Over next weekend, we could see some additional rainfall chances across the Coastal Plains due to weak waves moving onshore from the Gulf. This additional rainfall could prolong any ongoing river flooding.

(18Z TAFS)
Issued at 1220 PM CDT Sun Jun 16 2024

VFR conditions have returned to the terminals this afternoon with VFR expected through the remainder of the afternoon into the evening.
South/southeast winds will be slightly breezy at times through the period. Another round of MVFR ceilings is expected late tonight with the return of nocturnal stratus. Low chances for rain should primarily remain southeast of the terminals.

Austin Camp Mabry 96 77 94 77 / 10 0 10 0 Austin Bergstrom Intl Airport 95 76 94 76 / 10 0 20 0 New Braunfels Muni Airport 96 76 95 77 / 20 0 20 0 Burnet Muni Airport 93 75 92 75 / 10 0 10 0 Del Rio Intl Airport 104 80 103 80 / 0 0 0 0 Georgetown Muni Airport 94 75 93 75 / 10 0 10 0 Hondo Muni Airport 97 76 97 77 / 10 0 0 0 San Marcos Muni Airport 95 75 93 75 / 20 0 20 0 La Grange - Fayette Regional 94 76 91 76 / 10 0 40 0 San Antonio Intl Airport 97 78 96 77 / 20 0 10 0 Stinson Muni Airport 98 78 97 78 / 20 0 10 0


Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help

Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
Link to 1 hour of 5 minute data for KRYW
NEW Forecast page for KRYW

Wind History graph: RYW
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)

Tide / Current for
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help

Tide / Current for
   EDIT      HIDE   Help

Weather Map
      HIDE   Help

GEOS Local Image of southern planes -- texas   

Central Texas,

NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE