Hudson Bend, TX Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar   TAF  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Hudson Bend, TX

June 17, 2024 12:15 PM CDT (17:15 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 6:27 AM   Sunset 8:36 PM
Moonrise 3:43 PM   Moonset 2:07 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  New
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help

7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Hudson Bend, TX
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Austin/San Antonio, TX
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS64 KEWX 171149 AFDEWX

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Austin/San Antonio TX 649 AM CDT Mon Jun 17 2024

New UPDATE

UPDATE
Issued at 647 AM CDT Mon Jun 17 2024

We're seeing some streamer showers across the CWA this morning. These should continue for another few hours, and we have updated the forecast to add a mention of intermittent light rain until mid- morning.

SHORT TERM
(Today through Tuesday)
Issued at 216 AM CDT Mon Jun 17 2024

A mid-level trough over the western Gulf has pushed the subtropical ridge toward the west over northern Mexico. Southeasterly flow in the low levels has continued over the last 24 hours. A warm, moist airmass remains in place over South Central Texas. The upper trough over the Gulf will continue to push slowly to the west while the low level flow continues from the southeast. The weakening of the ridge will allow for possible showers and thunderstorms over the Coastal Plains counties today. A little more cloudiness today will keep temperatures a few degrees lower than yesterday. Convection should end with the loss of daytime heating. There is a small chance for some streamer showers overnight, but chances are so low that we will not include any mention in the forecast. Overnight lows will be similar to today. As the Gulf trough approaches the coast rain chances will push farther inland Tuesday. Slight chances for showers and thunderstorms will reach I-35 during the afternoon with better chances over the Coastal Plains. Temperatures will drop another couple of degrees.

LONG TERM
(Tuesday night through Sunday)
Issued at 216 AM CDT Mon Jun 17 2024

The latest NHC forecast for the formation of a tropical system in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico has a 60 percent chance in the next 48 hours, and a 70 percent chance over the next 7 days. PWATS continue to increase overnight Tuesday into Wednesday with all of the area seeing values over 2 inches by Wednesday afternoon. This moisture and disturbance will bring increasing shower and thunderstorm chances to the area from east to west through the day on Wednesday with these chances continuing through much of the day Friday. There still remains considerable differences in exactly how this system will track, which in turn leads to many solutions for rainfall amounts from mid to late week.

The NBM gives roughly a 30 to 60 percent chance for all of South Central Texas to see two inches or greater rainfall through Friday which remains similar to the GEFS ensemble probabilities. The latest ECMWF ensemble guidance gives only about a 40 to 60 percent chance for an inch or more for our southernmost tiers of counties at this time, so quite a difference from other guidance. GEFS probabilities for 4 or more inches of rain during this time along and east of I-35 remain at 30 to 40 percent. Taking all of this into consideration, there looks to be a high potential most of the area will see some rain mid to late week, with a medium potential for heavy rain which could lead to flooding or flash flooding. WPC has increased the the potential for excessive rainfall to a level 3 of 4 for portions of the coastal plains and I-35 corridor, with a level 2 of 4 elsewhere for Wednesday into Thursday morning. The day 4 forecast (Thursday into Friday morning) remains similar to yesterday with the level 2 of 4 risk shifting across the western half of the area.

Cloudy conditions will lead to much cooler than normal temperatures during this time with highs mainly in the 80s Wednesday and Thursday. A warming trend may be seen again Friday into the weekend, although forecast temperatures still remain below 100 degrees for this timeframe. Rain chances decrease Friday night into Saturday morning for much of the area, with chances returning for the coastal plains each afternoon this weekend.

AVIATION
(12Z TAFS)
Issued at 623 AM CDT Mon Jun 17 2024

MVFR ceilings are in the vicinity of all of the terminals this morning. We expect occasional ceilings for the next several hours.
VFR conditions will return by late morning. Winds will become gusty this afternoon and then lighten some early this evening. MVFR ceilings will return before midnight tonight.

PRELIMINARY POINT TEMPS/POPS
Austin Camp Mabry 94 76 92 74 / 10 0 20 20 Austin Bergstrom Intl Airport 94 75 92 74 / 10 0 20 20 New Braunfels Muni Airport 96 76 94 74 / 10 0 20 20 Burnet Muni Airport 93 75 90 73 / 10 0 10 10 Del Rio Intl Airport 103 80 101 78 / 0 0 0 0 Georgetown Muni Airport 93 74 90 72 / 10 0 10 20 Hondo Muni Airport 98 76 95 75 / 10 0 10 10 San Marcos Muni Airport 94 74 92 73 / 10 0 20 20 La Grange - Fayette Regional 91 76 90 74 / 30 10 30 30 San Antonio Intl Airport 95 77 94 74 / 10 0 20 20 Stinson Muni Airport 98 78 95 76 / 10 0 20 20

EWX WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
None.




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help




Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
Link to 1 hour of 5 minute data for KRYW
   
NEW Forecast page for KRYW


Wind History graph: RYW
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help

Tide / Current for
   EDIT      HIDE   Help

Weather Map
      HIDE   Help


GEOS Local Image of southern planes -- texas   
EDIT   HIDE



Central Texas,




NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE