San Pasqual, CA Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for San Pasqual, CA

May 27, 2024 5:53 AM PDT (12:53 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 5:42 AM   Sunset 7:57 PM
Moonrise 12:00 AM   Moonset 9:16 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  New
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help
PZZ655 Inner Waters From Point Mugu To San Mateo Pt. Ca Including Santa Catalina And Anacapa Islands- 310 Am Pdt Mon May 27 2024

Today - W wind 5 to 10 kt, becoming 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 ft. Wave detail: W 2 ft at 6 seconds and S 2 ft at 13 seconds. Patchy fog this afternoon.

Tonight - W wind 10 to 15 kt, becoming 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Wave detail: W 3 ft at 5 seconds and S 2 ft at 13 seconds. Patchy fog after midnight.

Tue - W wind 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 ft. Wave detail: W 2 ft at 6 seconds and S 2 ft at 15 seconds. Patchy fog.

Tue night - W wind 5 to 10 kt, becoming S after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Wave detail: W 3 ft at 6 seconds and S 2 ft at 15 seconds. Patchy fog in the evening.

Wed - SE wind 5 kt, becoming sw in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Wave detail: W 3 ft at 8 seconds and sw 2 ft at 15 seconds.

Wed night - W wind 10 to 15 kt, becoming se 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Wave detail: W 4 ft at 9 seconds and sw 2 ft at 14 seconds. Patchy fog after midnight.

Thu - E wind 5 kt, becoming sw in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Wave detail: W 4 ft at 9 seconds and sw 2 ft at 15 seconds. Patchy fog in the morning.

Fri - S wind 5 to 10 kt, becoming W in the afternoon. Seas 3 ft. Wave detail: W 3 ft at 8 seconds and sw 2 ft at 16 seconds.

PZZ600 310 Am Pdt Mon May 27 2024

Synopsis for the southern california coast and santa barbara channel including the channel islands national marine sanctuary and national park - At 09z, or 2 am pdt, a 1026 mb surface high was centered 900 nm west of point conception and a 1008 mb thermal low was near las vegas, nevada. Gusty northwest winds will continue over the outer waters through much of the week, with a chance of gale force winds Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday. Steep, hazardous seas are also expected Tuesday into Thursday evening across the outer waters.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near San Pasqual, CA
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Los Angeles/Oxnard, CA
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KLOX 271022 AFDLOX

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Los Angeles/Oxnard CA 322 AM PDT Mon May 27 2024

SYNOPSIS
27/309 AM.

Night to morning low clouds and fog will prevail near the coast and reach most coastal valleys at times through next weekend.
Breezy northwest to onshore winds will continue to be strongest each afternoon and evening for far interior areas and southwest Santa Barbara County.

.SHORT TERM (TDY-WED)...27/321 AM.

Forecast thoughts remain relatively unchanged. Building 500 mb heights will lead to a warm up through Tuesday with unabated onshore flow and marine layer presence limiting the warm up near the coast. Forecast confidence of low cloud coverage remains low today, but the low cloud pattern should become more persistent and therefore easier to forecast by Tuesday thanks to the warming trends above the marine layer, establishing a stronger inversion.
Daytime highs only in the 60s will prevail nearest the coast, inland coastal areas and valleys will peak in the 70s to low 80s, with 80s to near 90 for the far interior.

Breezy northwest to onshore winds will continue through this period. An inside slider trough will likely enhance winds across the region by Wednesday with a 30-50 percent chance of reaching advisory levels at times Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday night across the Antelope Valley, I-5 corridor through the mountains, and southwest Santa Barbara County. Offshore trends to the south will likely support morning clearing of low clouds and fog. Some south facing coasts, most notably the Santa Barbara South Coast, will likely be mostly sunny by Wednesday. The uptick of northwest winds may support a stronger Catalina Eddy Wednesday or Thursday, which could send low clouds and fog as far inland as the lower mountain slopes. Should this occur, daytime highs would be closer to 75 as opposed to the currently advertised 80 for coastal valleys of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.

.LONG TERM (THU-SUN)...27/322 AM.

High forecast confidence for Thursday through the weekend mainly subtle day-to-day changes with typical late May weather on tap.
Night to morning lows clouds and fog will continue for coasts and many coastal valleys. Low clouds and fog should burn off mid to late morning for most areas especially Friday into next weekend.
Daytime highs will likely be mid 60s to mid 70s for most coastal areas, mid 70s to mid 80s for coastal valleys, and 80s to near 90 for the far interior. Breezy northwest to onshore flow will continue unabated, peaking each afternoon to evening, with a 10-20 percent chance of reaching advisory levels for the Antelope Valley and southwest Santa Barbara County.

AVIATION
26/2340Z.

At 2340Z at KLAX, the marine layer was 3000 ft deep. The top of the inversion was at 5600 feet with a temperature of 16 C.

High confidence in desert TAFs and low confidence in coastal/valley TAFs. Lower confidence for coastal/valley sites due to uncertainties in the behavior of the marine layer stratus.
Timing of flight cat changes could be off by +/- 4 hours (greatest uncertainty after 03Z Mon) and CIGs will range between IFR/MVFR levels. KBUR and KVNY have a 30% chance of remaining VFR through forecast period. Upon return tonight (after 02Z Mon), there is a 30% chance of IFR CIGs for sites south of Point Conception, and increasing chances (70%) of LIFR conds for KSBP and KSMX.

KLAX...Low confidence in TAF. Timing of flight cat changes could be off by +/- 2 hours. There is a 30% chance of IFR cigs late tonight. No significant easterly wind component is expected.

KBUR...Low confidence in TAF. Timing of flight cat changes could be off by +/- 3 hours. There is a 30% chance of conds remaining VFR through forecast period,

MARINE
27/254 AM.

Moderate to high confidence in forecast.

Across the outer waters, lower confidence in forecast this morning as winds and seas are still near Small Craft Advisory (SCA) levels. While winds are expected to drop off this morning, seas are still choppy with short periods, so decided to extend the advisory. Winds are likely to restrengthen to SCA levels this afternoon and continue through Thursday. There is a 20-30% chance (highest for the northern waters) of Gale Force winds Tuesday afternoon and night. Then for all the outer waters there is a 50-60% chance of Gales Wednesday afternoon through night. On Tuesday, seas will build to SCA levels and remain steep and choppy through at least Thursday night.

Across the nearshore waters along the Central Coast, there is a 20-30% chance of SCA winds this afternoon and evening. Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday night, SCA level winds and seas are likely (60-70%), with a 15-25% chance of Gale Force winds Wednesday afternoon/evening. SCA seas may linger as late as Thursday night.

Across the southern inner waters, there is a 30% chance of SCA level winds across the western portion of the Santa Barbara Channel this afternoon and evening increasing to 30-40% chance Tuesday afternoon and evening. On Wednesday, there is a 60-70% chance of SCA winds across the western portion of the Channel, with a 20-30% chance of Gale Force winds. South of the Channel Islands, winds are expected to remain below SCA levels through at least Thursday.

LOX WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
CA...NONE.
PZ...Small Craft Advisory in effect until 3 AM PDT Tuesday for zones 670-673-676. (See LAXMWWLOX).




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind Air TempWater Temp WavesinHgDewPt
ICAC1 - 9410840 - Santa Monica Pier 22 mi53 min 58°F 57°F30.01
46268 25 mi83 min 60°F2 ft
BAXC1 26 mi65 min W 1.9G2.9
PSXC1 26 mi53 min 0G1.9
PXAC1 27 mi65 min 0G1
PFXC1 28 mi53 min WSW 5.1G6 57°F 30.00
PRJC1 28 mi53 min WSW 8.9G12
PFDC1 29 mi59 min SW 7G8
AGXC1 30 mi59 min WSW 8.9G11 58°F
46256 31 mi57 min 58°F3 ft
46221 - Santa Monica Bay, CA (028) 33 mi57 min 59°F3 ft
46222 - San Pedro, CA (092) 37 mi57 min 59°F3 ft
46253 39 mi57 min 58°F3 ft


Wind History for Los Angeles Badger Avenue Bridge, CA
(wind in knots)    EDIT      HIDE   Help
toggle option: (graph/table)



Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KBUR BOB HOPE,CA 13 sm60 minESE 0410 smClear55°F52°F88%30.00
KHHR JACK NORTHROP FIELD/HAWTHORNE MUNI,CA 19 sm26 minWSW 0610 smOvercast57°F54°F88%30.02
KSMO SANTA MONICA MUNI,CA 19 sm62 mincalm10 smMostly Cloudy55°F54°F94%30.01
KFUL FULLERTON MUNI,CA 20 sm60 minESE 039 smOvercast57°F57°F100%30.01
KLAX LOS ANGELES INTL,CA 20 sm60 minS 059 smMostly Cloudy57°F54°F88%30.01
KVNY VAN NUYS,CA 20 sm62 mincalm10 smClear54°F48°F82%29.99
KLGB LONG BEACH /DAUGHERTY FIELD/,CA 22 sm20 minNW 049 smMostly Cloudy59°F54°F82%30.02
KCCB CABLE,CA 23 sm18 minNNW 0310 smClear54°F52°F94%30.01
Link to 5 minute data for KEMT


Wind History from EMT
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for Santa Monica, Municipal Pier, California
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help
Santa Monica
Click for Map
Mon -- 05:45 AM PDT     Sunrise
Mon -- 07:21 AM PDT     -0.64 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 09:17 AM PDT     Moonset
Mon -- 02:45 PM PDT     3.21 feet High Tide
Mon -- 05:46 PM PDT     2.94 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 07:57 PM PDT     Sunset
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Santa Monica, Municipal Pier, California, Tide feet
12
am
5.5
1
am
5
2
am
4.1
3
am
3
4
am
1.7
5
am
0.6
6
am
-0.2
7
am
-0.6
8
am
-0.5
9
am
-0.1
10
am
0.7
11
am
1.5
12
pm
2.3
1
pm
2.9
2
pm
3.2
3
pm
3.2
4
pm
3.1
5
pm
3
6
pm
2.9
7
pm
3.1
8
pm
3.4
9
pm
3.9
10
pm
4.5
11
pm
5


Tide / Current for Santa Monica, California
   EDIT      HIDE   Help
Santa Monica
Click for Map
Mon -- 05:45 AM PDT     Sunrise
Mon -- 07:20 AM PDT     -0.64 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 09:17 AM PDT     Moonset
Mon -- 02:36 PM PDT     3.27 feet High Tide
Mon -- 05:47 PM PDT     2.91 feet Low Tide
Mon -- 07:57 PM PDT     Sunset
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Santa Monica, California, Tide feet
12
am
5.7
1
am
5.2
2
am
4.3
3
am
3.1
4
am
1.8
5
am
0.6
6
am
-0.2
7
am
-0.6
8
am
-0.5
9
am
-0
10
am
0.7
11
am
1.6
12
pm
2.4
1
pm
2.9
2
pm
3.2
3
pm
3.3
4
pm
3.1
5
pm
3
6
pm
2.9
7
pm
3.1
8
pm
3.5
9
pm
4
10
pm
4.6
11
pm
5.2


Weather Map
      HIDE   Help


GEOS Local Image of Southwest   
EDIT   HIDE



Santa Ana Mtns, CA,




NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE