Pasadena, CA Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
L-36.com

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Pasadena, CA

April 21, 2024 8:19 PM PDT (03:19 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 6:11 AM   Sunset 7:30 PM
Moonrise 5:41 PM   Moonset 5:07 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall

NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar  


Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      Help
PZZ655 Inner Waters From Point Mugu To San Mateo Pt. Ca Including Santa Catalina And Anacapa Islands- 228 Pm Pdt Sun Apr 21 2024

Tonight - W winds 5 to 10 kt in the evening, becoming variable 10 kt or less. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 8 seconds and S 2 ft at 16 seconds. Patchy fog.

Mon - Winds variable 10 kt or less, becoming W 10 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 9 seconds and S 3 ft at 16 seconds. Patchy fog.

Mon night - W winds 10 kt in the evening, becoming variable 10 kt or less. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 4 ft at 10 seconds and S 2 ft at 15 seconds. Patchy fog in the evening. Patchy drizzle after midnight.

Tue - W winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 4 ft at 11 seconds and S 2 ft at 15 seconds. Patchy drizzle in the morning. Patchy fog in the afternoon.

Tue night - W winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 10 seconds and S 2 ft at 16 seconds. Patchy fog in the evening.

Wed - W winds 10 to 15 kt becoming 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at 9 seconds and S 2 ft at 16 seconds. Patchy fog in the afternoon.

Wed night - W winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt in the evening, becoming 10 to 15 kt. Combined seas 3 to 5 ft dominant period 9 seconds. Patchy fog in the evening.

Thu - W winds 10 to 20 kt with gusts 25 kt. Combined seas 4 to 6 ft. Patchy fog. A slight chance of showers.

Fri - W winds 15 to 25 kt. Combined seas 5 to 7 ft. A slight chance of showers.

PZZ600 228 Pm Pdt Sun Apr 21 2024
synopsis for the southern california coast and santa barbara channel including the channel islands national marine sanctuary and national park - .at 21z, or 2 pm pdt, a 1031 mb high was 500 nm west of eureka and a 1012 mb low was near las vegas.


7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Pasadena, CA
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map
NEW! Add second zone forecast


Area Discussion for - Los Angeles/Oxnard, CA
      (hide/show)   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition
FXUS66 KLOX 220027 AFDLOX

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Los Angeles/Oxnard CA 527 PM PDT Sun Apr 21 2024

SYNOPSIS
21/210 PM.

Strengthening onshore flow and a deepening marine layer will bring low clouds and fog to the coast and coastal valleys through this upcoming week. High temperatures will significantly cool to below-normal readings by Tuesday through the remainder of the week, while a couple of weather disturbances track across the area. There will be a small chance for light rain for mid to late this week with the passage of these systems.

.SHORT TERM (SUN-WED)...21/210 PM.

Surface pressure gradients will remain decidedly onshore and strengthen through the middle of this week, as midlevel ridging across portions of the Intermountain West focuses the strongest surface heating over the central Great Basin. Diurnally enhanced onshore gradients for LAX-DAG are forecast to reach 8-9 mb by Monday and remain similarly strong through mid-week, as a midlevel low progresses eastward over the East Pacific toward the southern California coast. This will reinforce and the marine layer over coastal areas and coastal valleys into mid-week.

Widespread low clouds and fog are expected to accompany the deepening marine layer, which will also bring a significant cooling trend. By Monday, high temperatures are expected to have cooled to the 60s over the beaches and the 70s across coastal valleys. Then by Tuesday and Wednesday, temperatures are expected to remain in the 60s in most areas, except rising into the 70s over the Antelope Valley away from the marine layer. These correspond to temperatures falling by 5-10 degrees each day through Tuesday. In addition, significant deepening of the marine layer to depths over 2500-3000 feet Monday night into Tuesday will support the potential for light drizzle over many areas. However, measurable precipitation will be unlikely through the middle of the week, as the mid and upper troposphere remains dry, and large-scale forcing for ascent remains weak.

.LONG TERM (THU-SUN)...21/216 PM.

The aforementioned midlevel low is forecast to track eastward across the region on Thursday. Temperatures aloft will cool in conjunction with the passage of this disturbance, which will also be followed by weakening of onshore pressure gradients. These factors will allow the marine layer to lose depth and weaken to some extent by late in the week, with the extent of fog gradually lessening. Thereafter, further cooling aloft, decreasing onshore flow, and weakening of the marine layer will occur with the glancing influence of a deep midlevel trough amplifying over the Great Basin late Friday into the weekend. However, despite the weakening marine layer, cooling aloft will maintain high temperatures in the 60s in many areas through Friday. Thereafter, temperatures are expected to warm a few degrees next weekend, especially as midlevel heights increase behind the deeper trough.

Regarding precipitation potential, abundant dry air aloft will limit chances for precipitation with the passage of the upper low on Thursday, though a couple of light showers could develop over the higher terrain beneath the midlevel cold core. There will be a slight chance for light showers Thursday night through Friday night in conjunction with the second disturbance glancing the area.

AVIATION
22/0020Z.

At 00Z at KLAX, the marine layer was 1200 ft deep. The top of the inversion was at 3800 ft with a temperature of 22 degrees C.

High confidence in VFR conds through the period for KPRB, KWJF, and KPMD.

Moderate confidence in cig timing for coastal terminals KSBA and south including KLAX. Lower confidence in flight category which may be off by one.

KBUR/KVNY: Low confidence in cig timing and flight category with a 30 percent chance that VFR conditions prevail. Cig timing may be off by three hours.

KSMX/KSBP: Low confidence in TAF with cig timing possibly off by 3 hours.

KLAX...Moderate confidence in 00Z TAF. Flight category may be off by one at times. There is a 30 percent chance of at least brief VFR conditions after 20Z. No significant easterly wind component is expected.

KBUR...Low confidence in TAF after 05Z. There is a 30% chance of VFR conds through the period. Flight cat changes could be off by 3 hours.

MARINE
21/147 PM.

For the Outer Waters, moderate to high confidence in current forecast. Today through tonight, high confidence in Small Craft Advisory (SCA) level northwest winds. For Monday and Tuesday, high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels. On Wednesday, there is a 40-60% chance of SCA level winds. Thursday through next weekend, there is a 60-80% chance of SCA level winds and seas, and a 20% chance of GALE Force wind gusts at times over the weekend.

For the Inner Waters north of Point Sal, moderate to high confidence in current forecast. Today through tonight, there is a 60-70% chance of SCA level winds, especially in the afternoon and evening hours. For Monday through Wednesday, high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels. On Thursday, there is a 40-50% chance of SCA level winds. There is a 20-30% chance of SCA winds Friday afternoon through the weekend.

For the Inner Waters south of Point Conception, moderate to high confidence in current forecast. Today through Tuesday, high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels. However, there is a 20% chance of SCA wind gusts across the extreme western portion of the Santa Barbara Channel this afternoon into early evening. For Tuesday night through Thursday, there is a 40-50% chance of SCA level winds across the western half of the Santa Barbara Channel, but high confidence in winds and seas remaining below SCA levels elsewhere across the southern Inner Waters. Over the weekend, there is a 20-30% chance of SCA winds across the waters, though exact coverage and timing of strongest winds is still uncertain at this time.

LOX WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES
CA...NONE.
PZ...Small Craft Advisory in effect until 3 AM PDT Monday for zone 645. (See LAXMWWLOX).
Small Craft Advisory in effect until 6 AM PDT Monday for zones 670-673. (See LAXMWWLOX).




Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       (hide/show)   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind Air TempWater Temp WavesinHgDewPt
ICAC1 - 9410840 - Santa Monica Pier 22 mi50 min 56°F 60°F29.92
46268 25 mi50 min 58°F2 ft
PSXC1 27 mi50 min NNW 4.1G5.1
PFXC1 29 mi50 min SW 9.9G11 59°F 29.90
PRJC1 30 mi50 min WSW 9.9G13
46256 32 mi54 min 59°F3 ft
46221 - Santa Monica Bay, CA (028) 34 mi54 min 58°F3 ft
46222 - San Pedro, CA (092) 39 mi54 min 60°F2 ft
46253 40 mi84 min 60°F2 ft


Wind History for Los Angeles Pier S, CA
(wind in knots)    EDIT      (hide/show)   Help
toggle option: (graph/table)



Airport Reports
    EDIT      (hide/show)   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KBUR BOB HOPE,CA 12 sm26 minESE 10G209 smClear61°F54°F77%29.91
KWHP WHITEMAN,CA 16 sm24 minESE 0810 smClear63°F55°F77%29.92
KSMO SANTA MONICA MUNI,CA 19 sm28 minWSW 063 smOvercast Mist 57°F57°F100%29.92
KVNY VAN NUYS,CA 19 sm28 minESE 079 smClear61°F54°F77%29.89
KHHR JACK NORTHROP FIELD/HAWTHORNE MUNI,CA 20 sm26 minWSW 067 smOvercast59°F55°F88%29.93
KPOC BRACKETT FIELD,CA 20 sm1.5 hrsW 1110 smClear70°F55°F60%29.90
KLAX LOS ANGELES INTL,CA 21 sm26 minW 082 smOvercast Mist 55°F55°F100%29.93
KFUL FULLERTON MUNI,CA 22 sm26 minvar 067 smOvercast59°F57°F94%29.92
KLGB LONG BEACH /DAUGHERTY FIELD/,CA 23 sm26 minSSE 078 smMostly Cloudy63°F55°F77%29.92
KCCB CABLE,CA 24 sm24 minW 119 smClear66°F55°F68%29.92
Link to 5 minute data for KMWS


Wind History from MWS
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)


Tide / Current for Santa Monica, California
   
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   (hide/show)   Help
Santa Monica
Click for Map
Sun -- 02:53 AM PDT     0.66 feet Low Tide
Sun -- 05:09 AM PDT     Moonset
Sun -- 06:15 AM PDT     Sunrise
Sun -- 08:49 AM PDT     4.28 feet High Tide
Sun -- 02:42 PM PDT     0.75 feet Low Tide
Sun -- 05:42 PM PDT     Moonrise
Sun -- 07:30 PM PDT     Sunset
Sun -- 08:58 PM PDT     5.09 feet High Tide
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Santa Monica, California, Tide feet
12
am
2.5
1
am
1.5
2
am
0.9
3
am
0.7
4
am
1
5
am
1.7
6
am
2.6
7
am
3.5
8
am
4.1
9
am
4.3
10
am
3.9
11
am
3.2
12
pm
2.3
1
pm
1.4
2
pm
0.9
3
pm
0.8
4
pm
1.2
5
pm
2
6
pm
3.1
7
pm
4.1
8
pm
4.8
9
pm
5.1
10
pm
4.8
11
pm
4



Tide / Current for Santa Monica, Municipal Pier, California
   EDIT      (hide/show)   Help
Santa Monica
Click for Map
Sun -- 02:55 AM PDT     0.57 feet Low Tide
Sun -- 05:09 AM PDT     Moonset
Sun -- 06:15 AM PDT     Sunrise
Sun -- 08:51 AM PDT     4.23 feet High Tide
Sun -- 02:46 PM PDT     0.68 feet Low Tide
Sun -- 05:42 PM PDT     Moonrise
Sun -- 07:30 PM PDT     Sunset
Sun -- 08:57 PM PDT     5.00 feet High Tide
Tide / Current data from XTide NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Sorry tide depth graphs only, please select another station.

Santa Monica, Municipal Pier, California, Tide feet
12
am
2.4
1
am
1.5
2
am
0.8
3
am
0.6
4
am
0.9
5
am
1.6
6
am
2.5
7
am
3.4
8
am
4.1
9
am
4.2
10
am
3.9
11
am
3.2
12
pm
2.3
1
pm
1.4
2
pm
0.8
3
pm
0.7
4
pm
1.1
5
pm
1.9
6
pm
3
7
pm
4
8
pm
4.7
9
pm
5
10
pm
4.7
11
pm
3.9




Weather Map
       (hide/show)   Help


GEOS Local Image of Southwest   
EDIT



Santa Ana Mtns, CA,



NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE