Beloit, WI Marine Weather and Tide Forecast
Top   Marine   7-Day   NWS   Buoy   Airport   Tide   Map   GEOS   Radar   TAF  

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Beloit, WI

June 15, 2024 9:30 PM CDT (02:30 UTC) Change Location
Sunrise 5:16 AM   Sunset 8:37 PM
Moonrise 2:22 PM   Moonset 1:36 AM 
  Print   HELP   Reset   Save   Recall  New
NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION.

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      HIDE   Help
LMZ646 Wind Point Wi To Winthrop Harbor Il- 905 Pm Cdt Sat Jun 15 2024

.small craft advisory in effect from 1 am cdt Sunday through late Sunday night - .

Rest of tonight - Southeast wind 10 to 15 knots rising to 15 to 20 knots after midnight, then veering south early in the morning. Gusts up to 25 knots. Mostly cloudy. Waves 3 to 4 feet.

Sunday - South wind 15 to 20 knots easing to 10 to 15 knots late in the afternoon. Gusts up to 25 knots. Chance of showers and Thunderstorms in the morning. Slight chance of showers and Thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves 3 to 4 feet.

Sunday night - South wind 10 to 15 knots with gusts to around 20 knots becoming south 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 2 to 4 feet subsiding to 1 to 2 feet in the late evening and overnight.

Monday - South wind 10 to 15 knots becoming south 10 to 15 knots with gusts to around 20 knots in the afternoon. Slight chance of showers and Thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

No data

7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Beloit, WI
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map   HIDE
NEW! Add second zone forecast

Area Discussion for - Milwaukee/Sullivan, WI
      HIDE   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Milwaukee/Sullivan WI 304 PM CDT Sat Jun 15 2024


- Chance for thunderstorms late Saturday into Sunday.

- Hot weather is anticipated Sunday into the middle of the work week. Heat indices in the middle 90s are likely Sunday and Tuesday and heat index values in the upper 90s are likely on Monday.

- Additional chances for storms the rest of this week. Severe storms, particularly Wednesday, cannot be ruled out.

Issued 300 PM CDT Sat Jun 15 2024

Tonight and Sunday:

As the system pushes in through the evening and overnight hours we will gradually moisten up in the low levels further west. It will likely (80%) remain drier further east. The upper level shortwave will continue through the region into the evening and overnight but the difference will be the LLJ jet building into the region which will enhance forcing in the mid levels. The issue with this is the LLJ will largely be setting up further west. Given the drier air further east it could set up a fairly stark boundary for dry and wet. There is some storm potential with this given the LLJ and enhanced shear (30-40kts) that it will provide but given the timing the instability will be rather limited and region may largely be capped so any storms are largely expected to be weak and elevated.

As the LLJ shifts a tad east we could see storms and showers slide east a bit possible affecting parts of southeast WI but models are conflicted on this potential. Overall, the best chances (80-90%) for precip/storms from this system will be further northwest though the entire northwest half of the CWA will see chances (60-90%) with the southeast more likely (40-60%) to remain dry. This system will slide out by Sunday morning with the rest of Sunday looking dry as we remain capped.

In addition, due to increasingly breezy southeast winds tonight into Sunday morning to 25-30 mph, waves will increase to 3 to 5 feet along the nearshores of Ozaukee and Sheboygan counties.
Waves will be highest Sunday morning and afternoon. This will bring a High Swim Risk to the area from later tonight through late Sunday evening. Kenosha, Racine and Milwaukee counties will still see Moderate Swim Risk conditions but the focus of the highest waves will be further north.


Issued 300 PM CDT Sat Jun 15 2024

Sunday night through Saturday:

Late Sunday night into Monday morning we should expect the LLJ to ramp up again to the west, though weaker. This, in combination with the warm front setting up well north of the CWA will likely fire storms across parts northern and central WI.
These may drift south but as they do they will likely weaken as they move into a more capped environment to the south. Some showers or weak storms may sneak into the north side of the CWA but much of the area will remain dry overnight into Monday morning. As we move into the day Monday we will see chances for pop up storms given the lapse rates and large instability of 2000-3000 J/kg (possibly more). Now there is much forcing to work with but we may see enough effect from the fringes of LLJ to the west or even the lake breeze to allow for some convection. Severe storms are not expected but it remains possible for a hailer with some wind given the large instability and lapse rates.

Tuesday looks more quiet but there will still be slight chance for additional pop up storms though with limited forcing outside of maybe the lake breeze (which may be enough) and any outflows thereafter. But there will still be enough instability to potentially bring tall storms capable of a few larger hailstones and/or a strong gust.

Wednesday will feature decent chances (60%) for showers/storms with even a chance for some severe storms as well. While there is still plenty of uncertainty, especially with regards to timing, the instability and increased shear (30-40 kts 0-6km)
as a surface front comes through with some shortwave support in the upper levels. This will be the day to watch for potential for severe storms.

Uncertainty beyond Wednesday really balloons but there will likely chances for showers/storms at least through the weekend with severe storms remaining possible.

While not mentioned earlier, Sunday through Tuesday will feature very warm temperatures in the upper 80s to mid 90s with Monday being warmest day. With 925mb temps in the upper 20s we could see temperatures in the southeast WI, especially with downsloping from breezy southwest winds, reach the upper 90s in spots.


Issued 300 PM CDT Sat Jun 15 2024

VFR conditions are largely expected through the TAF period.
However, while much of the evening and night is expected to remain quiet as we head into the late overnight and early Sunday morning period we will see chance for showers and maybe even a few weak storms slide into parts of southern WI. Most of this is expected to remain off toward west central WI. There remains a decent chance (60%) for a shower or storm closer to Madison but the better chance will remain north and west. While we cannot rule out a few isolated showers or storms further east, most models have things dissipating as the push east. There remains a slight chance (20%) for a period of MVFR VSBYS with precip. Otherwise MVFR CIGS will likely (70%) remain off to the north and west of southern WI (best chance (30%) is to see an hour or 2 of MVFR CIGS in Madison or Sheboygan). Scattered to broken CIGS expected across most of southeast WI during this period. System will push out by late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon. Otherwise expect southerly winds gradually increasing overnight into Sunday, turning more SSW and persisting through much of the day.


Issued 300 PM CDT Sat Jun 15 2024

High pressure over Ontario will move into New England by tonight as low pressure deepens over the northern plains. East winds will become southeast at 20 knots or less. On Sunday the low will approach Lake Superior and south winds will increase.
Gusts of 30 knots are possible. Another area of low pressure will approach from the central plains on Monday and Tuesday and south winds will continue. Winds may be brisk at times. A front will move through the lake sometime mid or late week.


Beach Hazards Statement
WIZ052-WIZ060...1 AM Sunday to 1 AM Monday.

Small Craft Advisory
LMZ643-LMZ644-LMZ645-LMZ646...1 AM Sunday to 1 AM Monday.

Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       HIDE   Help
Stations Dist Age Wind AirWater WavesinHgDewPt
KNSW3 - Kenosha, WI 66 mi30 minSSE 7G8 68°F 29.98
MLWW3 - Milwaukee, WI 70 mi20 minSSE 11G14 70°F

Wind History for Calumet Harbor, IL
(wind in knots)    EDIT      HIDE   Help
toggle option: (graph/table)

Airport Reports
    EDIT      HIDE   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherAirDewPtRHinHg
KJVL SOUTHERN WISCONSIN RGNL,WI 7 sm15 minESE 0410 smClear72°F55°F57%29.94
KRFD CHICAGO/ROCKFORD INTL,IL 22 sm36 minSE 0310 smMostly Cloudy75°F55°F50%29.95
Link to 1 hour of 5 minute data for KJVL
NEW Forecast page for KJVL

Wind History graph: JVL
(wind in knots)
toggle option: (graph/table)

Tide / Current for
EDIT   Weekend mode (on/off)   HIDE   Help

Tide / Current for
   EDIT      HIDE   Help

Weather Map
      HIDE   Help

GEOS Local Image of Midwest   

Milwaukee, WI,

NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE