Oroville, WA Marine Weather and Tide Forecast

Marine Weather and Tide Forecast for Oroville, WA

November 29, 2023 9:27 PM PST (05:27 UTC)
Sunrise 7:28AM   Sunset 4:04PM   Moonrise  6:39PM   Moonset 11:23AM 

NOTE: Some of the data on this page has not been verified and should be used with that in mind. It may and occasionally will, be wrong. The tide reports are by xtide and are NOT FOR NAVIGATION. Privacy and Cookie policy

Marine Forecasts
    EDIT      Help

7 Day Forecast for Marine Location Near Oroville, WA
   Hourly   EDIT   Help   Map

Area Discussion for - Spokane, WA
      (on/off)   Help   
NOTE: mouseover dotted underlined text for definition

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Spokane WA 357 PM PST Wed Nov 29 2023

Stagnant conditions with periods of freezing fog and low clouds will continue through early Thursday. A significant pattern change at the end of the week will lead to several rounds of snow for most of the Inland Northwest with the potential for heavy snow near the Cascades. Much warmer weather will develop early next week with the wet weather continuing.


Widespread across the region Thursday through Saturday

Tonight through Saturday: Air stagnation pattern will continue overnight and through Thursday morning. It will keep the stratus and fog in place. Ensembles are in good agreement of the incoming pattern change. The ridge flattens and shifts East as a trough begins to dig south along the coast. The change will push a decent moisture plume in the Pacific Northwest late Thursday into Saturday. It will bring widespread snow to the region with the heaviest snow amounts in the Cascades. Ensembles have steadily increased the expected amounts between forecast runs. The Cascades mountain passes could see 20 to 30 inches. The amounts across the Basin are 2 to 4 inches. Northern Valleys and Idaho Panhandle could get 3 to 6 inches. Lookout Pass is expected to receive 10 to 14 inches. Morning commutes across the region will slick and more hazardous than normal.

As the system exits on Saturday, warmer air will begin to infiltrate the region. It will slowly transition the snow across the Basin to rain. It will also bring breezy winds to Southeast WA. Winds are expected to be sustained in the teens low 20s with gusts into the upper 30s and low 40s possible. Depending on the timing, blowing snow could affect roadways in Southeast WA. Highs for the period will be in the upper 20s and 30s. Lows will be in the upper 10s and 20s. /JDC

Saturday night through Wednesday: An active weather pattern will continue well into next week with a potent atmospheric river expected to take aim directly at the Northwest for several days in a row, sending a stream of moisture in from the Pacific and bringing copious amounts of precipitation regionwide.

There is high confidence that we'll see an impressive amount of precipitation fall over the weekend and into next week, but there is uncertainty as to the form in which that precipitation will fall, especially in the Northern and Cascade Valleys. For the Basin eastward to Spokane and Coeur d'Alene, snowfall Saturday night looks to transition to a rain-snow mix by Sunday morning, and eventually to all rain by Sunday afternoon. For the Northern and Cascade Valleys, however, what form the precipitation takes will be highly dependent on how fast the cold air from this week mixes out. Some valley locations could see snow linger for quite a bit longer than the rest of the region if that cold air stays trapped.

Overnight lows will be several degrees below freezing Saturday night, but will hover right around freezing each night after that through at least mid next week. Daytime highs will see a similar warming trend starting out in the upper 30s for most of the region on Sunday and rising into the mid 40s by Tuesday.

A combination of snowmelt and lots of additional rainfall once temperatures rise above freezing will likely result in substantial river rises, particularly in southeast WA and north-central ID. No flooding is currently in the forecast, but that could change depending on how models trend over the next couple of days with regard to temperatures and snowmelt expected. /Fewkes

00Z TAFs: While visibility has improved across the region, stratus continues to bring IFR/MVFR. It is expected to last through the TAF period. HRRR has a 40-60% chance of freezing fog developing again in Eastern Washington again this evening.
IFR/MVFR conditions will continue through the overnight and early morning hours. Conditions will marginally improve through the day Thursday before an incoming system is expected to bring widespread snow and IFR conditions to the region.

FORECAST CONFIDENCE AND ALTERNATE SCENARIOS: High confidence in the stratus across the region. Moderate confidence for freezing fog IFR conditions at TAF sites. Low confidence on VFR conditions fro Thursday. Alternate scenario could see MWH-EPH-LWS clear and have VFR conditions late Thursday morning.

Confidence descriptors: Low - Less than a 30 percent chance Moderate - 30 to 70 percent chance High - Greater than a 70 percent chance

For additional probabilistic information for NWS Spokane airports, please refer to the Aviation Dashboard on our webpage: https:// www.weather.gov/otx/avndashboard

Spokane 28 21 29 25 31 29 / 0 0 10 60 70 90 Coeur d'Alene 32 21 32 26 33 28 / 0 0 10 60 80 90 Pullman 30 21 32 25 33 30 / 0 0 10 70 80 90 Lewiston 34 25 35 31 39 33 / 0 0 10 50 50 80 Colville 32 16 31 20 31 24 / 0 0 10 50 80 90 Sandpoint 32 21 31 25 30 26 / 0 0 10 70 90 90 Kellogg 34 24 34 27 33 31 / 0 0 10 80 90 100 Moses Lake 31 21 32 23 33 26 / 0 10 10 30 40 50 Wenatchee 36 23 35 26 34 28 / 0 0 10 20 60 60 Omak 35 24 33 25 33 22 / 0 0 0 20 50 60

ID...Air Stagnation Advisory until 11 AM PST Thursday for Central Panhandle Mountains-Coeur d'Alene Area-Northern Panhandle.

WA...Air Stagnation Advisory until 11 AM PST Thursday for Central Chelan County-Moses Lake Area-Northeast Mountains-Okanogan Highlands-Okanogan Valley-Spokane Area-Upper Columbia Basin- Waterville Plateau-Wenatchee Area-Western Chelan County- Western Okanogan County.

Dense Fog Advisory until 8 AM PST this morning for Lower Garfield and Asotin Counties-Spokane Area-Upper Columbia Basin-Washington Palouse.

Weather Reporting Stations
   EDIT       (on/off)   Help

toggle option: (graph/table)

Airport Reports
    EDIT      (on/off)   Help   Click EDIT to display multiple airports. Follow links for more data.
AirportDistAgeWind ktVisSkyWeatherTempDewPtRHinHg
KOMK33 sm34 minN 0410 smOvercast34°F21°F60%30.09

Wind History from OMK
(wind in knots)

Tide / Current for
   EDIT      (on/off)   Help

Weather Map
       (on/off)   Help

GEOS Local Image of Pacific Northwest   

Spokane, WA,

NOTICE: Some pages have affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read website Cookie, Privacy, and Disclamers by clicking HERE. To contact me click HERE. For my YouTube page click HERE